The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> BGT,NeJ2, and Boo
horred the pl...
post Dec 31 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

I ran into a slight problem when I ported from Bg1 to BG2, and figured out the fix for it. NeJ2 had not accounted for the importation of Minsc from BG1. He had no Boo, and the scripts were not set up to give him one. So, I wrote a block for Minsc.BCS to account for this. It works fine, and I cannot see how it would mess up NeJ in any way. It sits at the third block from the top:

CODE

IF
 InParty("Minsc")
 !PartyHasItem("Boo")//No Boo the item
 !Exists("Boo")//No Boo the space hampster
 Global("VP_Boo","GLOBAL",0)//Global never has been set
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("VP_Boo","GLOBAL",1)//Indicates boo is healthy, or in item form
   GiveItemCreate("Boo",Myself,0,0,0)
END

It sets the VP_Boo global the same way it would be set if Boo had died, and done his day of penalty time. As is done in the second block from the top:

CODE

IF
 !PartyHasItem("Boo")
 GlobalTimerExpired("VP_NoBoo","GLOBAL")//Set when boo died, for ONE_DAY
 Global("VP_Boo","GLOBAL",2)//Also set when boo died, to indicate he is dead
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("VP_Boo","GLOBAL",1)
   GiveItemCreate("Boo",Myself,0,0,0)
END

Not only does this code create Boo on Minsc, it eliminates the need for overwriting MINSC8.CRE,MINSC10.CRE,etc! (Your current .tp2 does precisely this... sad.gif ) Other modders might have plans for these files, that do not necessarily conflict with your plans. Perhaps a new custom kit, or a cure for his head wound wacko.gif ???

I also have a question about this block, though I'm pretty sure you've already tested.
From Boo.BCS:

CODE
IF
 Global("VP_BooThePet","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("VP_BooThePet","GLOBAL",1)
   MakeGlobal()
END

Does this work properly? Does the re-creation of Boo via item (next time the item is used) create a "global boo", after he does the DestroySelf()? I know the Boo entry is not erased from the .GAM file, just his Area location is...but does the new Boo line right up with the old entry? If you're not sure, let me know and I'll test this out. I'm curious! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2024 - 12:23 PM