The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> BWS-Setup
Seewead
post Nov 10 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Dear Nullset, since summer I didn't find the opportunity to spend time with your version 7.0 and another run of the game, had hoped for a month of spare-time, though in vain... Nevertheless I would like to give it another go now, so I could at least play some hours a week.

Did try to install via BWS Big World-Setup ( https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworl.../get/master.zip ). Love it! There is no better way installing the game; with this tool the installation-process becomes fun even.

Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore with your mod. bigcry.gif

Here is at least one reason: The Rjali Romance definitions for BWS are outdated, they were created for version 5.1 of your mod, if I am not mistaken. The good thing: The BWS is capable to find the updated version 7.0 by itself alright. But you also changed the structure of the installation-choices your mod is asking for. blush.gif

A1.
As far as I can see in your readme, since version 6.0 you dumped the option to make rjali a sorceress. In spite of this the old BWS-definitions are still expecting a choice for her class.

A2.
From your readme (since version 7.0): "Remove option to NOT install multiple romance. This mod is all about multiple romance, and so much doesn't make sense if it is shut off."

You are right, Sir! But the BW-Setup still explicitly asks for this option. Nevertheless this doesn't stop the installation-process, so maybe it isn't worth mentioning.

A3.
But these shouldn't be the only problems, I am afraid... I found out what it is, do not know why though:

Asked for the timing adjustments the mod installs correctly with BWS if you choose the option "a lot faster". If you don't and choose otherwise, the installation will stop. ??? unsure.gif

A4.
And last not least: When I manage to install via BWS the debug-file (of BWS) gives me the following:

"WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~!InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~!InParty(RJAnnah)~: Not_found"

But I get these with a manual installation as well. Can you confirm? Any ideas?

A5.
Well, I would be VERY grateful, if you could find the time to find some remedy. thumb.gif

B1.
By-the-way a small remark regarding the installation-process of your mod: After the option for the timing adjustments you ask the people, if they want to install the rjali-core-mod. Hey man, of cource they want to! They love it! smile.gif Skip the question, if you feel like it. This is totally different with the "equiping the troops", of cource, because that lowers the difficulty of the game (a LOT).

B2.
Concerning installation-order of BWS:

a.
From your readme:
"Fade Romance v7.3b (I miss Annah from PST.) Install this mod after all the above romance mods; it has a bug that I can fix only if it is last."

BWS is installing Fade somewhere in the middle of the various girl-mods. blink.gif

b.
From your readme:
"BG2 Tweakpack Multiple Romances: Does not handle the post Gorion Wraith sequence properly, except for the NPC who was subjected to the wraith's scrutiny. Fixed.
BG2 Tweakpack Multiple Strongholds: Cleric not spawning. Fixed."

BWS uses Tweaks Anthology ( http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?a...mp;showfile=973 ) as the succesor of bg2 tweakpack. The nessary components should be the same though, should it not?

But BWS is installing Tweaks Anthology AFTER the rjali-mod (which seems only natural for me). Question is, can your mod fix the tweaks-components in spite of this? huh.gif

On the other hand - maybe your fixes are already incorporated in the global BW-Fixes? It seems to me that this could be the case, because some parts of your mod are skipped during the installation, because they already exist? No clue...

Enough from me for tonight, thanks a lot for your support and your great mod, Seewead thumb.gif

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Seewead   BWS-Setup   Nov 10 2016, 10:12 PM
nullset   Looking into it.   Nov 14 2016, 04:16 PM
nullset   OK. I am contacting SHS to fix the install options...   Nov 14 2016, 04:57 PM
Seewead   Awesome! Thank you very much for your swift re...   Nov 15 2016, 08:29 PM
nullset   Rjali v7.1 is up at BWL with the bug fix and its s...   Nov 18 2016, 07:18 PM
Seewead   Thank you very much, Nullset, that was very quick...   Nov 22 2016, 07:38 PM
nullset   Hi Seeweed. There was, indeed, a bug in RJDOOFUS.d...   Dec 21 2016, 09:12 PM
nullset   OK. BWS says that the download problem occurs some...   Dec 22 2016, 12:42 PM
Seewead   Hello Nullset, thanks for your help, you did it ev...   Jan 1 2017, 11:26 AM
nullset   I just started a new game and did not encounter yo...   Jan 1 2017, 04:04 PM
Seewead   Hm... Oh... oops... seems like my install was corr...   Jan 7 2017, 08:28 AM
nullset   S'alright. These little things happen.   Jan 16 2017, 06:12 PM
Seewead   I was trying to install the game via the BWS today...   Apr 12 2017, 11:09 PM
nullset   V8.1 on the way up. Checking with BWS on the proce...   Apr 13 2017, 12:56 PM
Seewead   Thanks. Tons. :thumb:   Apr 13 2017, 06:53 PM
Seewead   Another question about the BWS-Installation: In y...   May 9 2017, 11:02 AM
Seewead   And in addition to the post above here is second q...   May 9 2017, 09:39 PM
nullset   The Imoen Romance no longer has any internal bugs ...   May 13 2017, 01:29 AM
ALIEN   Fade Romance bug can be fixed via BWFixpack in ord...   Jul 27 2017, 07:01 PM
Seewead   Dear Nullset, I hope I am allowed to recall my que...   Aug 2 2017, 05:36 PM
nullset   @Seewead @ALIEN Guys, the only thing I can fix is ...   Aug 6 2017, 01:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 05:26 AM