The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Animation slot questions
Tervadh
post Jan 7 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hi Galactygon,

As I've mentioned, I'm interested in using some of the LC-BA animations in mods. Maybe you could answer a few questions on how the "slot cramming" works.

- What if a creature has a weapon like darts equipped, which slot does that get?
- If a CRE has a two-handed sword equipped, is that considered a sword?
- I don't suppose it's possible to switch between melee and ranged weapons with this scheme?
- Does the weapon have to be undroppable?

As discussed here and in other posts, Cuv started grouping similar animations and using a common death sequence for them all. One of the animations I want to use is the svirfneblin, many of which in the vanilla game are equipped with axes and darts. So they'll use up their darts first, then switch to the axe. But I don't know if this is possible with "grouped" animations, at least, not without totally switching animations when they switch weapons.

I notice that you have them in the MBFI (0xe210) slot with a couple goblins and the fire beetle. Have you done any rearranging of your slots for LC? I would suggest moving the fire beetle to MBBM or MBET and grouping all the beetles under one of those slots. Weapons probably aren't much of a problem for beetles, though they might be for gnomes, goblins and other humanoids.

I'm also keeping a list of all mod- and game-used slots here, in the hope of reducing conflicts and freeing/standardising slots going forward.

--------------------
"Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him." -Romain Gary, Promise at Dawn
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 07:19 AM