The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Start BG2 At First Level
kix
post Feb 24 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

For the last couple of months , I've been having a pretty good time replaying BG2 with characters starting off at 1st Level.

First, I used the game to create a single character from each class and saved the characters for future use.

Second, I brought each of them into ShadowKeeper and used AD&D P'N'P 2nd edition rules to adjust each to a first level character [HP, Thac0, xpts [100 start], thieving abilities, proficiencies, etc] and saved these characters.

Trying to get out of Irenicus' Dungeon at 1st level without any character death made game replay very enjoyable. And when a Lightning Mephit can toast you, it's also pretty challenging.

I usually make my own party of six, preferring game play to NPC intereactions - but still being able to temporarily drop a character to pick up a NPC for specific quests; and I usually use multiclass half-elves. Spellcasters start off only with randomized 1st level spell[s] [it is truly a blessing when the main character gets Find Familiar randomly - the extra HP's are really handy].

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.

kix rolleyes.gif

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2024 - 02:23 PM