Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start BG2 At First Level
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
kix
For the last couple of months , I've been having a pretty good time replaying BG2 with characters starting off at 1st Level.

First, I used the game to create a single character from each class and saved the characters for future use.

Second, I brought each of them into ShadowKeeper and used AD&D P'N'P 2nd edition rules to adjust each to a first level character [HP, Thac0, xpts [100 start], thieving abilities, proficiencies, etc] and saved these characters.

Trying to get out of Irenicus' Dungeon at 1st level without any character death made game replay very enjoyable. And when a Lightning Mephit can toast you, it's also pretty challenging.

I usually make my own party of six, preferring game play to NPC intereactions - but still being able to temporarily drop a character to pick up a NPC for specific quests; and I usually use multiclass half-elves. Spellcasters start off only with randomized 1st level spell[s] [it is truly a blessing when the main character gets Find Familiar randomly - the extra HP's are really handy].

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.

kix rolleyes.gif

WizWom
well, you could use the exe patching code from EasyTutu to have the game automatically start you at first level.

kix
Thanks WizWom, that does sound easier. I haven't tried Tutu nor have I done patching of code. I usually just download some of the great mods I've found here. Do I have to have Tutu to use your method? Are there instructions available to do this?

Thanks

kix
Jarno Mikkola
Here is a link for an XPpatcher, it came with old version of BGT, but it works without the main mod, (not attached), just use the number: one(1) as the xp, not zero as it might have a few snacks on that one, and it comes with a ReadMe attached inside the rar archive... ah, you need a winrar or something else to open it.
Sir-Kill
just use the number: one(1) as the xp, not zero as it might have a few snacks on that one

or 6 (1 for entire party spread out evenly)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.