The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How many Gems and Scrolls for crafting, how many and which gems (scrolls) you should keep
Gorwath
post Dec 22 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hi everyone!
IA brings a lot of new Items into the game which are really expensive and require alot of Ingredients. I always had my problems with all those gems and scrolls which are required for upgrades, that it became really frustrating when I had to search all the merchants in the game because I sold too many Diamonds and now I needed them for an upgrade. Besides these items always blocked inventory space which can be pretty annoying as long as you don't have a bag of holding.
So I decided to go through IA's item document and look up the amount of which gems and scrolls you need.
I hope this is helpful:

gaidin asked if the required gems for the original updates could be posted here. I hope I got all of them but if anyone knows another recipe with gems or scrolls he can pm me or post it.

Vanilla Upgrades

GEMS
Rogue Stone: 2 -->Quiver of Plenty +2(Arrows)(1); Wonderous Gloves(Bard only)(1)
Star Sapphire: 6 -->Wonderous Gloves(Bard only)(1); Dagger of the Star +5(5)
King's Tear: 1 -->Bag of Plenty +2(bullets)
Diamond: 2 -->Wonderous Gloves(Bard only)(1); Bronze Horn of Valhalla(1)
Emerald: 1 -->Wonderous Gloves(Bard only)
Beljuril 1 --> Iron Horn of Valhalla
I always had the impression that there were more gems needed for the upgrades but maybe I always was wrong...

Scrolls
Improved Haste: 1 -->Improved Cloak of Protection +2
Invisibility: 1 -->Improved Cloak of Protection +2
Protection from normal Weapons: 1 -->Aslyferund Elven Chain +5

I wrote to every gem and scroll the items which can be forged with them. The red numbers behind the items names are the quantity of the gems needed. If only one item name is listed behind one gem, you will need all gems for that one item. If I got something wrong feel free to post my mistake and I will correct it.

IA Upgrades

GEMS
Rogue Stone: 8 (but you actually need all you can get if you have enough money) -->Ring of Protection +3(1)/ +4(2); Ring of Burglary(Thief only)(2); Buckler +3(3)
Horn Coral Gem: 3 -->Spirit of the Night (Thief only)
Emerald: 6 (you could forge those items more than once but that would be a waste of resources I think) -->Flail +2(2); Halberd +2(1); Buckler +3(3)
Diamond: 24 -->Flail of Defending and Wounding +5(Ranger only)(6); Dagger +2(1); Guildmaster's Dream +4(Thief only)(3);Grandfather of Assassins +5(Thief only)(4);Adamantite Horn of Valhalla(2); Cutthroat +5(4); Diamond Sword +4(4)
Golden Star Garnet Gem: 3 -->Corthala Family True Blade +5
48-sided Garnet: 1 (actually you need more than one but you can only find one) -->Holy Avenger +5(Paladin only); Death of A Thousand Cuts +4
Star Sapphire: 8 -->Holy Avenger +5(Paladin only)(3); Improved Firecam Armor(5)
Fire Opal Ring: 1 -->Ring of Djinni Sumoning
King's Tears: 4 -->Elven Ancient Expertise (Fighter/Mage/Cleric)(2); Adamantite Horn of Valhalla(2)
Aquamarine: 5 -->Poseidon's Wrath +5(1); Rimed Club +4(1); Buckler +3(3)
Pearl: 1 -->Poseidon's Wrath +5
Water Opal: 1 -->Poseidon's Wrath +5
Ziose Gem: 3 -->Indigo Ioun Stone
Iol Gem: 3 -->Indigo Ioun Stone
Fire Agate: 6 -->Improved Dragon Helm(3); Improved Ankheg Plate Mail(3)
Skydrop Gem: 3 -->Girdle of Cloud Giant Strength
Bluestone Necklace: 3 -->Grandmaster of Flowers(Monk only)
Chrysoberyl Gem: 8 -->Gauntlets of Devastating
Bloodstone Gem: 7 -->Improved Ankheg Plate Mail(3); Cutthroat +5(4)
Laeral's Tear Necklace: 3 (just like Rogue Stones you can keep as much as you find) -->Cloak of Protection +2(1)/ +3(2)
Red Coral Gem: 1 (only found once) -->Red Coral Armor +6
Beljuril: 3 -->Improved Firecam Armor

Scrolls
Strength: 1 -->Treefolk's Arm +4
Spirit Armor: 2 -->Memory of the Apprenti(1); Spirit of the Night(Thief only)(1)
Protection from normal Missiles: 1 -->Huskar Lord's Armor +5
Improved Mantle: 1 -->Huskar Lord's Armor +5
Protection from Fire (blue): 3 -->Improved Corthala Family Armor(1); Noble Staff of Fire +4(1); Mage Robe of Elemental Resistance(1)
Protection from Fire (green): 1 -->Noble Staff of Fire +4
Protection from Magic Energy: 1 -->Improved Corthala Family Armor
Greater Malison: 2 -->True Sword of Arvoreen +4(1); Golem Slayer +5(1)
Enchanted Weapon: 10 or Infinite (you can use those recipes more than once) --> Flail +3(1); True Sword of Arvoreen +4(2); Dagger +3(1); Halberd +3(1); Bastard Sword +3(1); Two handed sword +3(1); Morning Star +3(1); Quarterstaff +3(1), Long Sword +3(1)
Free Action: 9 -->Improved Cat Figurine(6); True Sword of Arvoreen +4(3)
Spell Trigger: 1 -->Judgement Day +5
Black Blade of Disaster: 1-->Judgement Day +5
Wish: 2 -->Judgement Day +5(1); Improved Cat Figurine(1)
Tenser's Transformation: 2 -->Noble Staff of Air +4(1); Noble Staff of Fire +4(1)
Protection from Electricity (blue): 1 -->Noble Staff of Air +4
Protection from Electricity (green): 3 -->Noble Staff of Air +4(1); Hammer of Thor +5(2)
Chain Lightning: 1 -->Noble Staff of Air +4
Protection from Level Drain: 5 -->Hesperus +5
Haste: 1 -->Boots of Speed
Improved Haste: 4 -->Boots of The Ranger Lord(3); Grandfather of Assassins +5(Thief only)(1)
Summon Djinni: 1 -->Ring of Djinni Summoning
Protection from Cold (green): 1 -->Poseidon's Wrath +5
Chaotic Commands: 6 -->Helm of Clarity
Melf's Acid Arrow: 2 -->Improved Flasher Launcher
Death Fog: 1 -->Improved Flasher Launcher
Bless: 3 -->Long Sword +4
Limited Wish:1 -->Long Sword +4

With this information you won't have to run to evrey merchant and look if you have sold a crucial scrolls and waste precious money for no reason.
It helped me a lot

Gorwath

This post has been edited by Gorwath: Jan 22 2009, 06:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Gorwath   How many Gems and Scrolls for crafting   Dec 22 2008, 09:40 AM
Sikret   Thanks, Gorwath! The topic is pinned. I trust...   Dec 22 2008, 10:01 AM
Sir-Kill   O.T. suggestion: :) maybe since AI has a lot of di...   Dec 22 2008, 12:53 PM
Sikret   That's a good suggestion, Sir-Kill! We wi...   Dec 22 2008, 01:03 PM
Raven   You don't need all the gems in that list for a...   Dec 22 2008, 01:52 PM
Zarathustra   Excellent, Gorwath! I made a similar list for ...   Dec 22 2008, 03:50 PM
Gorwath   Thanks for the kind words. I will certainly update...   Dec 22 2008, 11:00 PM
Raven   Good idea.   Dec 23 2008, 10:56 AM
gaidin   Hi 2 all. Excellent idea with this list. But maybe...   Dec 23 2008, 09:14 PM
Gorwath   Ok. I'll try to get those informations and pos...   Dec 27 2008, 08:28 PM
Gorwath   I think the itemlist is now completed. It will be ...   Jan 11 2009, 03:12 PM
Raven   I think you've missed needing a Diamond to upg...   Jan 19 2009, 12:33 PM
Gorwath   Thank you Raven! I added the Horn to the Vanil...   Jan 22 2009, 06:40 PM
Krell   Some more gems: 5 Jasper Gems needed for a subque...   Apr 25 2013, 06:48 AM
Azoth   Some updates... GEMS Emerald: Spear+2(2) Red Star...   Aug 7 2018, 10:10 AM
swapoer   A though after reading the item list. I think tha...   Jan 29 2019, 03:40 AM
critto   I can agree about the user friendly thing by why w...   Jan 29 2019, 07:07 AM
swapoer   English is not my native language, so maybe I didn...   Jan 29 2019, 07:24 AM
critto   The idea behind gems and scrolls it to add some fl...   Jan 29 2019, 11:56 AM
bulian   I think there are two elements for having non-pure...   Feb 9 2019, 03:21 PM
critto   Removing the items from dialogues is much easier, ...   Feb 9 2019, 09:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th September 2024 - 04:32 AM