The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting Started, Installation & Preparation for the RJali-Mod
Seewead
post Jul 27 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hello everybody! smile.gif

If you have never played the RJali-Mod before, then this thread could be for you. I hope you interested. smile.gif This thread shall be dedicated to hints, ideas and suggestions about the installation of the mod and the first steps to take.

No need to tell you, that am a big fan of the Rjali-mod. Otherwise, why would I write here? The Rjali-mod is unbelievably vast and extensive (so many aspects that I couldn't even begin to tell about all of them). And it brings the game to a whole new era in that it gives us multi-romance possibilities that were unheard of before. With this thread I would like to give you a few pointers, so that you can enjoy the mod as much as I do and - maybe - become a fan as well. blush.gif

So - getting started!

Hope it helps you, Seewead

Postscript: Be advised that this thread will bring you some little meta-knowledge (e.g. minimal spoilers).

A.
Do I have to play PSTEE and BGEE first
before I should use the Rjali-mod (with BG2EE)?

Well, it is true, that the Rjali-mod reminisces a lot about the content of PSTEE. So if you have played PSTEE before, it will be fantastic in that you will meet a lot of people again and see a lot of the old places. That is one of the many intriguing parts of the mod. And it is - as far as I know - truly unique in its kind: Where else can you meet Ravel, Annah, Fall-from-Grace and all the others again? And what is more: The Rjali-mod incorporates 3 different elaborate romances with these ladys of PSTEE. So you even get the chance to kiss them - if you can believe that.

I myself have never played PSTEE. But because of that, I might be in the position to evaluate and I can assure you: There is really no need to play PSTEE prior to the Rjali-mod (with BG2EE). Right, on a few occasions I didn't understand everything "right off the bat", because I simply had not the corresponding background information. But that didn't turn out to be a problem. Most aspects you catch on pretty quick, because it really isn't that complicated. And the few aspects that I didn't understand in their whole extend posed no hindrance at all.

Same goes for the Jini-mod (written by the same author), which takes place during BGEE. I am sure it is great, but I have not had the opportunity to try it out yet. And though it finds its continuation in the Rjali-mod, it is not _nesessary_ to know it in any way. But it seems reasonable to assume that you would enjoy the story of Jini and Fay even more so if you had the prior experience of the Jini-mod in BGEE. So while it is not a requirement at all, one should guess that the Rjali-mod becomes even better when you have played the Jini-mod before. thumb.gif

Edit: small change in thread-title and formulation and added content about PSTEE and BGEE

This post has been edited by Seewead: Jul 30 2017, 08:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Seewead
post Jul 27 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

B.
Installation

I personally like to install via BigWorldSetup = BWS ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476...ogy-for-windows ). Im a sure you know about it and probably use it aswell. In my eyes there is no better way installing the game; with this tool the installation-process becomes fun even.

The Rjali-mod is incorporated by BWS alright (though BWS may have not updated to the last version of the Rjali-mod, but can do so on its own without problems).

Unfortunately there is a small disadvantage: The romance mod Petsy Chattertone, that is also adressed by the Rjali-mod, is not known to the BWS. I already made a request to add it to BWS ( http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-big-w...template/page-9 ), but that didn't have any effect until now. But now there is new hope, we have to wait and see. Nevertheless, it is always possible to install a certain mod manually during the BWS installation, only inconvenient.

The Rjali-mod has already reached its 8.xx-version and is therefore absolutely stable and even practically bug-free. But I guess I have to warn you just a little bit: Should you choose BWS for your installation, then it would not be unthinkable that this could create some minor problems, though I am not sure about them and I have not encountered them yet. This concerns the installation sequence of the various mods. The Rjali-mod gives very specific orders in which sequence all the different romance mods should be installed (see the README). The order, that is used by BWS, slightly differs from that. Technically that should be not a problem of BWS, but of BigWorldProjekt = BWP, because BWS uses the order that is given by BWP.

For more details on this topic you can have a look at the thread "BWS-Setup" right here in this forum ( http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5349 ). I have mentioned two or three differences over there.

But nonetheless I can assure you that the Rjali-mod is working well for me so far.

Should you be interested in the Ninde romance... No, let me put it like that: You should be interested in her, because she is really great. My opinion at least.

But she comes with a small letdown in that she is not voiced at the moment. bigcry.gif

Now here comes a "little secret": Here you can manually download some really fitting voiceset for Ninde ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40067...de-npc-no-sound ). Should you want to read more, go here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56044-can-y...eset-for-ninde/

This post was written concerning RJali-Mod version 8.4; look out for the changelog of future versions of the mod, because there could be changes.

edit: small spelling error, change of formulation and I added content about the Ninde mod.

This post has been edited by Seewead: Jul 30 2017, 08:09 PM

Quote Post
ALIEN
post Jul 27 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

QUOTE(Seewead @ Jul 27 2017, 10:45 AM) *
Unfortunately there is a small disadvantage: The romance mod Petsy Chattertone, that is also adressed by the Rjali-mod, is not known to the BWS. I already made a request to add it to BWS ( http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-big-w...template/page-9 ), but that didn't have any effect until now.

And it won't be effect until you fill mod request template. If you want to have additional mod added to BWS, you need to do some part of the job.

--------------------
You cannot have progress without committing changes... A Basic Modder's Guide to Git and Github

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 08:33 AM