The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Request for Baronius post to be stickied, Improved Anvil and BG2 Fixpack
Ymarsakar
post Jul 31 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

I found his post to be a useful explanation of the arguments, so to speak, and I would like to see his post stickied/pinned.

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ymarsakar
post Jul 31 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Correct. Waste not want not.

I see it as useful because it leads to a couple of conclusions on my part that might be important to people installing mods and what not. For one thing, having to install a Fix Pack at the beginning, where you can't easily uninstall it, and then have it break other quests is not... optimum for me.

One of the reasons why I didn't like installing those "script fixes" for BG2 Fixpack in the first place was because I could envision some problems later on; problems that would require me to uninstall/reinstall a gigantous amount of BP and regular mods. I ended up installing all of the BG2 Fixpack stuff, including beta content, because the recommended install order/weidu log on Spellhold Studios had it for one of them.

When I played Vlad's mod and IA, I used Baldurdash 1.12 weidu. So it is nice to know what potential problems might crop up that can be prevented by not installing some fixes at the beginning. Personally, it helps me to know since I really don't think these "small fixes" are worth uninstalling/reinstalling my whole install.

Everyone gets a different benefit from things. For me, I like to know the exact compatibilities (or lack of) because I like tweaking my install to my specifications.

This post has been edited by Ymarsakar: Jul 31 2007, 04:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:57 AM