The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dilaog>tlk error message installing ANY mod
Hagatha
post Jul 2 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

I was happy to see this topic mentioned below - but there was no answer as the poster figured it out.

I've had a very frustrating evening installing, uninstalling, installing, uninstalling etc. and am just about ready to pull my hair out trying to install a couple of mods.

Every time I've done a clean install of SOA/TOB plus the TOB patch, and try to install a mod (any mod) I get the unable to dind DIALOG.TLK in dialog.tlk error message. I'm not kidding, I've been through the install/uninstall process six times in the last three hours.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm putting the mod file in by BG 2 folder, and then clicking on the mod. I don't get any indication that the file is "unpacking" - it just seems to start to install, and then the error message comes up.

I know, for SURE, the I've used mods on this computer before, because I had, at one time, Tashia and then Kelsey, and I used Dungeon Be Gone. SO I don't know what the problem is.

Can anyone please, please help me?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
jastey
post Jul 2 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

QUOTE(Hagatha @ Jul 2 2006, 06:38 AM)
I'm putting the mod file in by BG 2 folder, and then clicking on the mod.

(This might sound like a stupid question, but) Are you sure you put the mod folder, the mod-setup.exe and the mod-setup.tp2 into the main BG2 folder?

What exactly is the error message, can you post the weidu-log (to be found in your BG2 folder)?

Quote Post
Januszka
post Jul 2 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Maybe you have the dialog.tlk set as read-only? Try to changen the permissions wink.gif

--------------------

Spanish Community. Translations, mods...

<Sir-Kill> hehe jan rules

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 03:21 AM