post Apr 12 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Edit: SOLVED

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.0

Description: Install-process aborted with errors

Here the abstract of my setup-rjali.debug:

"WeiDU v 24000 Log

Setup-rjali.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 2 3 --logapp
[.\chitin.key] loaded, 875812 bytes
[.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
[.\engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
[.\lang\de_de\dialog.tlk] 164087 string entries
[.\lang\de_de\dialogf.tlk] 164087 string entries
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[Rjali/Languages/English/setup.tra] has 373 translation strings

[mega-long wall of text]

[BRJFAY.DLG] loaded
[./override/BG#TYRIS.DLG] loaded, 52305 bytes
[BG#TYRIS.DLG] loaded
[./override/BRJFAY25.DLG] loaded, 9110 bytes
[BRJFAY25.DLG] loaded

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [Rjali/Dialogue/SOA/RJTYRI/RJBFAY.d]: Failure("resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/OTHER.3")
Will uninstall 976 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
Restoring backed-up [Rjali/Backup/3/GTIMES.IDS]

[wall of text - restoring]

Uninstalled 976 files for [RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2] component 3.
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3")
Unable to Unlink [Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "Rjali/Backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT")
SETUP-WEIDU.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-BWS.TP2 0 0 Installed
BG2EETP\LANGUAGES\DE_DE\SETUP-BG2EETP-DE_DE.TP2 0 0 Installed
BG2EE_GA/SETUP-BG2EE_GA.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-AMBER.TP2 1 0 Installed
SETUP-AMBER.TP2 1 1 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 0 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 1 Installed
FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2 0 2 Installed
NINDE/NINDE.TP2 0 0 Installed
SAERILETH/SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2 1 0 Installed
SKIE/SETUP-SKIE.TP2 1 0 Installed
TYRISFLARE/SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2 0 0 Installed
YVETTE/SETUP-YVETTE.TP2 0 0 Installed
ISRA_BG2/ISRA_BG2.TP2 0 0 Installed
DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2 0 0 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 0 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 1 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 2 Installed
SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2 2 3 Installed
IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2 1 0 Installed
IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2 0 0 Installed
IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2 0 1 Installed
BRANWEN/SETUP-BRANWEN.TP2 0 0 Installed
TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 0 Installed
TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2 0 2 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 0 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 2 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 4 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 6 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 8 Installed
SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2 2 10 Installed
RE/SETUP-RE.TP2 0 0 Installed

[more RE/Setup]

RE/SETUP-RE.TP2 0 54 Installed
RJALI/SETUP-RJALI.TP2 0 2 Installed ~Mod Timing A Lot Faster~
ERROR: Failure("resource [BG#TYS25.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-RJALI.DEBUG to nullset@sympatico.ca
Automatically Skipping [Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset] because of error."

Dear Nullset: Could you please help?

Thanks a lot, Seewead

This post has been edited by Seewead: May 9 2017, 08:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
nullset
post Apr 13 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Thanx, Seewead. I cut a few corners on testing and, obviously, this slipped past me. V8.1 is on its way up. I'll also check-in with BWS; maybe one of these days I'll get straight on what is required in the way of notifying them of minor changes.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Apr 13 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Woa! Can't believe, you already fixed it. Awesome!

smile.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 13 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #4

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

That's just the wonderfulness of myself. (I have been watching way too many reruns of I Spy.)

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Apr 26 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Edit: DONE / SOLVED / OUTDATED

Dear Nullset, please take the following ideas not as "bug-reports" but rather as some kind of feedback and ideas how to finetune your splendid work. If you feel like it.

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.1

A.1.
Description:
Not a bug, but a little dissapointment: All the containers in Jini's brothel (and other places) are empty. Sometimes I like to snoop around and find a little something.
Suggestion:
a) Give me something to find. Or cool.gif remove the (otherwise superflues) containers.

A.2.
Description:
The problem occurs the first time Horace has send you to Jini and after you have seen Fay, when you are expected to go back to Jini again (like she asked you to). If you do this, the story goes on with "But while we are here, there's someone else I want you to meet." and with that Jini leads the way over to Adahn's room and introduces you to him. But if you don't go straight back to her and - instead of her command - stroll just a little bit on your own, you can find Adahn for yourself and start the dialogue with him. Only the mod doesn't realize this and Jini is doing the introduction anyway - from over two rooms away.
Suggestion:
Make Adahn refuse a dialogue unless Jini brings you.

A.3.
Description:
Not a bug, but it would be really nice if all the quests would get written in my diary. Without an entry in the diary you have to be constantly alert and remember everything. Seen this: Ecco asks you to bring her some Deva's tears to heal her 'tourette'.
Suggestion:
Entry in the diary

A.4.
Description:
Not a bug, but it would be really nice if all the quests and goals would get some XP as a reward. Seen this: No XP when you organize the Tears for Ecco.
Suggestion:
Give the player some XP

A.5.
Description:
Since you have Fay at your side, she stays there even in your dreams (at least with the dreams of the imoen-mod, I remember this for sure).
Suggestion:
Well, everybody can live with it, I am sure of that. Fay can do such things alright. But you could unshackle her during the dreams.

A.6.
Description:
When you clic on Fay, there is no sound. To me that is odd somehow, because I am so much used to some sort of confirming sound when activating my companions.
Suggestion:
No need for vocals, just some nice little "swishing"-sound for the wings of the (though grown-up) whisp would be great. Don't you think?

A.7.
Description:
More an idea: After the use of the deva's tears Fay is changed permanently, if I am not mistaken. But in spite of this her little portrait picture beneath her dialogue-texts remains the same (of a cute tiny whisp).
Suggestion:
Give her some other picture?

A.8.
Description:
Why is it that Fay is more capable of beating the crap of my opponents than any other fighter in my group?
Suggestion:
Make her the fragile beeing she is in my fantasy. I would love to protect her and keep her away from harm. I realize that you would maybe need a different combat-skripting for her; and making her to fragile could only lead to frustration over a constantly dying Fay. But she should not be too strong, if you ask me.

A.9.
Description:
When Horace is giving you a resumé about your loved ones, the corresponding pictures beside the girls are always the original ones, whatever you changed via eekeeper. When you have accustomed yourself to a certain picture of your love and carry that one in your memory the "wrong" picture breaks the immersion, if you get my meaning.
Suggestion:
Not sure there is an easy solution beeing no modder myself. But it would be awesome.

A.10.
Description:
The problem occurs when Jini needs your help with Adahn and calls you for the first time. When you follow her call, there are two different dialogue-skripts that seem to contradict each other. The first String starts with Jini: "Hello love, I see you have brought your friends with you.". Whereas just a little later there is another skript that starts with CHARNAME: "We came as you asked. I had better do the introductions first.".
Suggestion:
Well, as far as I have found out the first skript is used as a default every time you come and visit. Maybe it could be surpressed if the second one is used?

A.11.
Description:
The following situation happend to me once and at that time I was to lazy or otherwise busy to repeat and ascertain it any further. But I am fairly sure about it: The problem happens if you enter the circus tent (Kalah / Aerie) very late, AFTER Jini is calling you to her brothal. Then, if you ignore Jini's call and enter the inner circus tent (not the outer one with the riddle-posing jinn and the shadows) the rjali-mod starts the skript "We came as you asked. I better do the introductions first." and "These are Jini and Grace. Grace is the one with the wings."
Suggestion:
Uh, I suppose this was somehow confused, because the inner circus tent really was Jini's lamp, wasn't it? Can you confirm this bug?

A.12.
Description:
Well, technically the following aspect is not a bug at all, but... if I may very humbly say so: a nuisance nevertheless. It is for me personally at least. So I hope you, Nullset, forgive me my mentioning it. My personal problem is, that I have never played the game Planescape Torment in my life and I do not know your Jini-Romance-Mod for BG1:EE. But quite a big chunk of the newer content of the Rjali-Mod delves into both of this quite a lot and seems to expect you to know all the people, names and places you are confronted with. Well, I am sure it is great to reminisce for the people who know this stuff, but some like me don't and I admit beeing a little bit overwhelmed at times.
Suggestion:
Now this is not a major problem, of course. Believe me, everybody can adjust and will find out sooner or later what is going on. But if you could give some more pointers and explanations, it could improve the experience for newbies like me quite a lot.

So much for today. But please don't take these ideas as criticism, they are not meant that way. I just thought you would be interested in some more feedback, that is not only praising for a change. And as you can see for yourself: These are not "bugs" anyway, just some ideas and thoughts. More on the way.

Thank you for your great mod, Seewead

This post has been edited by Seewead: May 9 2017, 08:39 AM

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 26 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Hi, Seewead. Many good suggestions here. Gonna take a while to address them (v8.2), but off the top of my head: don't use eekeeper to change the portraits; instead move the portraits into the override folder (under the correct names, of course - list to follow). This way the portrait will be used wherever a portrait is accessed. Problem solved. May be a week or two (or three...) before I can get back on the rest.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Apr 26 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #7

Forum Member

Edit: SOLVED

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.1

A.13.
Description:
Big Problem here. As of this moment I am not sure if the Rjali-Mod could have anything to do with it. Hope you can shed some light on this, if you would be so kind. It seems that the NPC flirt pack is not able to function correctly in my installation of the game. Now my idea is, that the only real problem of the flirt pack is (and always was) the "dialogue on click"-system, which could (at least in the past) cause problems with other mods that invented a similar system on their own (like the imoen romance in earlier versions, for example).

In my current run of the game I did quite a mega-installation, including

- Rjali 8.1
- all the romance-mods that are supported by Rjali 8.1 (except Petsy Chattertone and Dace)

and

- the multi-romance-tweak of tweaks anthology (as in your readme)

and

- NPC flirt pack ( http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...4&Itemid=81 )
- banter packs ( http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...5&Itemid=78 )
- crossmod banter pack ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/crossmod/ ) without the romance conflicts
- iep (interaction expansion project) banters ( http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/npciep ) only core-content

The latter four mods should be compatibel to each other, which I have not only found reported multiple times (here for example: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28478.0.html), but which can be confirmed by myself as well. I never had a serious problem with these. On the other hand you can never know, of course. If you are truly unlucky there is always the possibilty of a bad combination.

Additional to the forementioned mods I have a few other mods installed, that should (as far as I can see) not collide with the "dialogue on click"-system in any way (I guess).

Now the only "new" mod on my current install, that I didn't use in the past is the Rjali-Mod version 8.1. Therefor I was thinking, if there could be a context. I know, I am reaching. I know, it is probably something with my mod-installtion (though I ran the same installation twice without any change). I know, it is most probably all my fault. biggrin.gif But nevertheless I though it couldn't hurt to ask you. Hope you don't mind. wink.gif

What happens exactly?
AT a certain point of the game (exactly 2 days to hours in-game-time) Aerie seems to start a dialogue and the game freezes for good. How I know it is Aerie? Because the problem dissapears if I control-Y her or if I drop her out of my party befor this time arrived. How do I know it is the flirt pack? Because the problem dissapears if I add the global variable "FWDisableflirts=1", which shuts off the flirt pack (learned that from the readme of the flirt packs). And what is more: the flirts didn't start anyway though they should have startet already, as far as I can determine.

Maybe I should add that I installed the game via BWS. With BWS the Rjali-Mod is installed AFTER all the other mods I mentioned above (well, except tweaks anthology, of course).

Dear Nullset, could you help me? Could this phenomenon maybe has something to do with your mod? Please take no offence because of this question. It is more a plea for help happy.gif

Thanks for your thoughts, Seewead

Edit: Problem solved: The reason for the freeze-up of the game was indeed the NPC flirt packs version 1.03 in its german translation (the same goes probably for every non-english language). While that mod has full ee-compatibilty allright, it is not possible to use the non-english translations the mod provides together with the enhanced edition games. Though I am no modder myself, this is what some reading and searching in the web suggests as explanation: The classic BG-games seemed to work with text-strings in the old format "ANSI CP1252", whereas the enhanced editions changed this to the new format "UTF-8" (without BOM). Not changing this format in a mod doesn't seem to pose a problem for the use of the english language, because that still works fine for all latin letters (that are used by the english language). However if any given language needs non-latin letters (e.g.: ß, ä, ü, é, ê and so forth) this freezes the game for good. Same goes for the use of symbols. In any case this bug had nothing to do with the Rjali-Mod.

This post has been edited by Seewead: May 9 2017, 08:16 AM

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 26 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #8

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Seewead, I'll have to think about this for a bit. Unfortunately, you hit me when I was setting up and testing my cheat mod for PST:EE, so my mind is away with the fairies. Now, I had a somewhat similar problem with a much simpler installation, which resolved when I got rid of the banter accelerator. Make sure you are not installing a banter accelerator, and let me know if this also resolves the problem. To quote from the Hitchhikers Guide: WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 28 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #9

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Hi, Seewead,

I am about to start testing for the things you reported, and will release v8.2 when it gives a clean run through. Here is a list of what I have done:

A.1. Sigil containers populated. Well...most of them.

A.2. That dialogue only occurs now after you have seen Jini after acquiring Fay. Introduced simple hello dialogues with Adahn for before and after you have met him, and there are no overriding dialogues pending.

A.3. Journal entries added.

A.4. Quest XP given. Not very much, however. Afraid of unbalancing the games XP.

A.5. Nope. Oh, I could, I suppose. But, Fay is basically a familiar and behaves in dreams and such the way any familiar would.

A.6. Fay selection sound added.

A.7. Fay's portrait switched after she gets big..

A.8. Fay was never supposed to fight. You forced her to! Well, I will prevent you from doing that if I can.

A.9. Don't use EEKeeper for this. Move your portraits directly into the override folder, using the appropriate file names. The problem is not just mine; the epilogues also have direct portrait references that are unaffected by EEKeeper changes.

A.10. Minor shifting of options. While you have a point, it isn't as strong as you state. In the Brothal, you are really introducing the party to Grace. That bit about Rjali did need a bit of mucking about. What I did was supress the second option of the "I see you have brought your friends" dialogue until after the Adahn quest is complete, forcing the intros to occur first.

A.11. Now require circus quest before plot will proceed to Jini. In fact, Rjali gets downright snarky about it.

A.12. Nope. Not gonna do it. What is there will, at worst, leave you wanting more (as you do). But, it is clear enough to allow your imagination to mull over the possibilities. Consider them teasers/promos. If you really want all of the back story, play PST, and BGEE with the Jini mod. (Note that Beamdog has just released PST:EE.)

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 28 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #10

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Seewead I really appreciate your suggestions. I have been a programmer for 50 years and I have learned that a programmer needs someone else to test his work. In the biz, we call this QC (Quality Control). The progammer is focused on making a program work. QC is focused on breaking it. Gleefully, I might add. While there can be and usually is some friction between these two attitudes, the best work requires both. You are providing me and my mod a valuable service. Apologies are NOT required! You can see that I do not always agree with you, but I have given all your suggestions consideration. Where I disagree - well - that's where the friction comes in. Shouting has been known to occur! My usual response is: FOOD FIGHT!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Cuallaidh
post Apr 28 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #11

Forum Member

I have a bug to report. I visited Jinni and she gave me a stone so I can travel to her. Now she summoned me but stone don't work. I click on it, there is a spell cursor so I chose my PC but nothing happens.

PS. I feel stupid, I find what I was doing wrong.

This post has been edited by Cuallaidh: Apr 28 2017, 10:27 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 29 2017, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Cuallaidh @ Apr 28 2017, 05:47 PM) *
I have a bug to report. I visited Jinni and she gave me a stone so I can travel to her. Now she summoned me but stone don't work. I click on it, there is a spell cursor so I chose my PC but nothing happens.

PS. I feel stupid, I find what I was doing wrong.

Not to worry. The Portal Stone does NOT have an ability; it has a dialogue. Right click (not left) the stone in the inventory screen and click CONVERSE. Later in the game after you have freed Horace, his lamp switches from ability to dialogue as well (left click = rub; right click = talk).

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post May 5 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #13

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

v8.2 is released, and should be up for download shortly.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post May 9 2017, 08:25 AM
Post #14

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Apr 27 2017, 01:56 AM) *
Seewead, I'll have to think about this for a bit. Now, I had a somewhat similar problem with a much simpler installation, which resolved when I got rid of the banter accelerator. Make sure you are not installing a banter accelerator, and let me know if this also resolves the problem.

Thanks for your swift input, Nullset, but until now I cannot verify this: The (un)installation of the banter accelerator (that comes with the banter pack-mod) didn't produce any (noticable) difference.

But I found the explanation of the bug allright (see edit of my post above). Turns out, it had nothing to do with your Rjali-Mod at all.

Thank you, Seewead

Quote Post
Seewead
post May 9 2017, 08:36 AM
Post #15

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Apr 28 2017, 08:44 PM) *
You are providing me and my mod a valuable service. Apologies are NOT required!

Thank you for your kind words. I will not go over the top with this, I promise. tongue.gif Nonetheless I consider it very much appropriate to use polite words. Not only, because of you beeing quite a bit older than me, dear Sir. But I also want to express the gratitude of a user of your mod here and there. A mod that you give for free willingly though it took and takes a LOT of work.

See ya, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post May 9 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #16

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Thank you for the update on the flirt pack bug. I do use the flirt pack v1.03, but only in English. Of course, I added some for Neera, stealing shamelessly from Aerie, but that was not for distribution. And I really did have to pull the banter accelerator out of Rjali for doing nasty things.

It is not really a lot of work , but a labour of love...so to speak.

If you are from Germany, you will appreciate the latest Near Infinity utility. While making my usual cheat mod, I found that the dialogues that I exported to review provided the lines in German, not English which is my set language. My German is not up to the challenge although I could have toughed it out. In the language folder of the game, the de_DE set was first, followed by the en_US. Renaming the de_DE to come later in the list solved my problem. Evidently, while the utility works properly for its internal tools, the export function just grabs the first language without reference to the the game preference options. Deutschland Uber Alles?

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post May 10 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #17

Forum Member

Yeah, I am german - bloody Germans everywhere wink.gif But you seem to have some knowledge in a multitude of languages as well, do you not? Obviously some german words - and I think I read something about Hungarian somewhere, if memory serves? Very impressive.

Here is another thingy I would like to ascertain:

QUOTE(nullset @ May 9 2017, 02:55 PM) *
And I really did have to pull the banter accelerator out of Rjali for doing nasty things.

Does this relate exclusively to the bantergoose that you used to have as part of your mod? Or could this be a general problem for every banter accelerator in general? I am asking, because this would be an important aspect for the compatibility to other mods, especially the banter pack. Maybe something for your readme and for the compatibility-thread?

Edit: Does your first installation-choice (choice about the timing-adjustments) not qualify as a banter accelerator? rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Seewead: May 10 2017, 12:44 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post May 10 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #18

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

It definitely refers to why I pulled the bantergoose from my mod. I suspect that it applies to bantergoose in general as the copy I used is the same as the one to be found elsewhere. I have not tested this as I do not use the banter pack, and none of the other mods I use include bantergoose. The problem seems to be that bantergoose is VERY busy and has a high probability to interfering with other dialogues and their triggers. I do not recommend the use of bantergoose anywhere. What is needed is a way to adjust the banter timing in the game engine, and that is WAY outside my remit. My timing choice adjusts the time between dialogues; it does NOT increase the scripting activity as bantergoose does.

I have a few words in a few languages. English is my native tongue, and I speak enough French to be sneered at by the French. Got Dietrichs in my geneology, but that's Prussian. Sort of proto-German.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post May 10 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #19

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

WHOA, Seewead! I just found out that with BGEE and BG2EE there is a 2da file that controls the banter speed! I will use these in the next Rjali and Jini releases. Actually, the new Jini release (v1.2) will be released in a week or so. Rjali v8.3 I will hang onto for a bit, in case you have more suggestions that should be addressed.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post May 10 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #20

Forum Member

Nah, no further bug-reports from me at the moment. Will play your version 8.2. for a while (installing all mods in english language).

This will take some time, Seewead

Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2024 - 07:39 PM