Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts > The WoRmHole
Sir-Kill
Are the bam files that end in e are they suposed to give an access violation?
I downloaded the Hamatula just to see what it looks like. it seems to be every other file (and they end in e ) that does this.

BTW nice work smile.gif

EDIT: it seems that DLTCEP can play the seq. but I have to kick start it by clicking on a frame. bws1 can cycle through the frames but only manualy so there is no preview. I noticed something odd it says frame -1 at the start not frame 0 while previewing it with bws1 and it shows no frames at all just the sequences.

EDIT2: it seems to be that way for Bebilith as well
igi
Bam Workshop II also crashes when loading several of the files - with a nice infinite error smile.gif
WoRm
Well I can't say how or why it does this as I used dltcep to create the 'mirror' images (the ones that end in E) and never bothered to re-open them in BAMWRKSHP I or BAMWRKSHP II but if your interested in changing any of the BAMs by size or color I have a simple solution.

Load the original animation lets use MXXXWK (walking animation) for an example.(these should load just fine in your BAM editor of choice)

1) load MxxxWK into BAMWorkshopI, or BAMWorkshop II, make changes with color,contrast,size,etc...then RE-SAVE the bam.

2) Load the BAM you just re-saved into dltcep and choose the "create mirror image" ...1-2 seconds later you will have the MxxxWK(e) version of your customized creature. then re-save using dltcep (it will automatically append the E at the end of the animation.

3) try your new customised BAM in your game biggrin.gif

(NOTE: to those that might not know already, but the (E) versions of the animations are nothing more then the original animation but 'mirrored' to create the east facing animations (Northeast,East,and Southeast) . So if you load the BAM mentioned above (the MxxxWK) in BAMW just to preview it, you shouldn't worry too much about seeing what the MxxxWKE looks like because...well...its exactly the same just mirrored. I used dltcep because it skimmed about 1 hour off the time to create these eastfacing animations.)

I hope that helps, perhaps Avenger (dltcep's creator can offer more light on this subject of errors)
Sir-Kill
Heh I thought it might have had something to do with the mirror images.

Is Amel (PC) playable character? I was looking at him and he is carring a scythe/sickle. does that work in bg? in other words are the weapon animations also included? if not will there be weapon animations?
WoRm
right now the scyth is PART of the animation and I call him PC because thats what I use him as...but I do have somethin' in the works, with being able to create any # of new weapon animations I DO plan on having several unique weapons as standalone animations. I.e. your regular PC characters will finally be able to have double bladed axes,scyths,2 handed mauls, 2 handed great-axes...and some others i'd like to keep secret for now tongue.gif
Sir-Kill
that would be great look forward to them smile.gif
T.G.Maestro
Indeed, amazing. Keep up the work man! mellow.gif
T.G.Maestro
A question: could you convert animations from ToEE as well?
Rabain
Can we (I) see some of the area's you have created?
WoRm
Of course, they are actually next on the list.
biggrin.gif
T.G.Maestro
A question: could you convert animations from ToEE as well?

I guess you missed this one. happy.gif
WoRm
Hmmm....I have ToEE, but haven't looked into modding it much..but if it uses 3d models then yeah, It should be fairly easy to convert

questions.
Do you know if it uses actual models? (like NWN or Dungeon Siege?)or sprites (like BG2?)

do you know of any good sites for tools for ToEE?
hlidskialf
QUOTE(WoRm @ Jul 3 2005, 06:17 AM)
Hmmm....I have ToEE, but haven't looked into modding it much..but if it uses 3d models then yeah, It should be fairly easy to convert

questions.
Do you know if it uses actual models? (like NWN or Dungeon Siege?)or sprites (like BG2?)

do you know of any good sites for tools for ToEE?

Circle of Eight is the big-boy-on-the-block when it comes to ToEE research and modding.

Edit: BTW WoRm, I'm loving what you are doing with this stuff!
WoRm
sadly from what I am understanding ...the game DOES use 3d models and textures but unfortunately the developers have yet to release an import/export script for Toee models (they come in .SKM, .SKA formats) so no conversion of ToEE creatures is possible at this time.

At least AFAIK.
T.G.Maestro
Not a problem really, NWN has loads of great animations after all. ToEE would be useful for a few extra additions only, like the Hydra, Hezrou, or the astounding Balor animation (the best I've ever seen so far).
diana
Any chance of finding in the other games (NWN, PST) an animation for a lich? I positively hate the BG2 one which reminds me of the flying monkeys from 'The Wizard of Oz'?
Seifer
The PST one can probably be extracted fairly easily although it would need to be resized.
T.G.Maestro
The PST one can probably be extracted fairly easily

Either that, or the one used in NWN - that would be even better.
T.G.Maestro
WoRm, I hope you are still around somewhere... wink.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.