Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photoshop/PSP/etc development pack question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Seifer
Hey all,

Since this is where the artistic community seems to rest, as well as FW, I wanted to get a few opinions here on something I'm working on.

Currently, I'm working on a BAM/TIS/MOS importer exporter for photoshop. Since a large number of modern image editors have plugin architecture it'll be useful with other applications such as PSP, Fireworks and so on.

However, my question to you lot is regarding filters or affects that you might feel are lacking. In the process of your image/area/tile editing, have you ever had a thought over a process that you thought might have been simplified were it a filter or somesuch.

If you have, then I'd be interested in hearing what it is.

Cheers,
Seif
Sir-Kill
um looks like you might owe a beer and cookies but the idea of just a bam plug in is great, I did not know that it was going to be a tis and mos too.

Are you saying that you would make one for psp as well as PS?

could you explaine what or how the tis editor would work
Rabain
I assume at the very least this will be the ability to open and graphically edit bams, tis' etc

And perhaps the ability to add something like a 64x64 grid to a tis image?
Seifer
The grid, no. All it will do, at at least for the time being is to add an ability to import/export those formats. All it will allow is direct editing in PS/image editor with its current abilities.

Seems to make sense in that manner via then do all the editing only to do the conversion in another program.

It won't add ANY new functions (coming to that) but if you for instance, want to edit one particular tile only, then importing it might make it easier.

Then again, it may be useless, hence my needing feedback when its done.

The second part of the post is where I need feedback though. If you think that theres a process or a filter lacking that would speed your job up, let me know. I've come across a C+ subset language (F++) which makes programming some affects and filters a lot easier then the way they're done in the Adobe SDK.
Sir-Kill
is there a way to add doors? eh maybe not.
Seifer
Doors have been covered by Cuv in the past I believe.
Rabain
Could you give an example of a Filter that might be used?

There isn't really anything I can think of for tis files. With bams the only thing I ever had a problem with was getting the right colour green for transparencies...any time I did anything other than copying the colour from an existing bam it didn't work..but that could just be me.

As Sir Kill pointed out somewhere else recently...shadows on bams are sometimes lacking but PS Drop Shadow works fine for this.
igi
I'm not sure these count as filters, but, how about:
+) a seamless tile action... (PS may already do this though)
+) a modified 'white noise' function. instead of just placing random/uniform noise, allow more control - it should be possible to make a decent grass texture by specifing a few shades of green and a 'shakiness' factor. Or something.

smile.gif
Seifer
igi, just the man. Ineed your help with a few delphi concerns I've run into regarding this.

I'll try and grab you in MSN in the next few days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.