Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Estate Deals
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Rabain
Here is a rework of the Durlags Tower map, more grass, tree's etc and the tower/castle doesn't looks so drab. The tower has also been flipped so it doesn't look quite the same as the original.

Anyone wants to use this they are welcome to it. I can upload the bmp (56mb) to ftp for whoever needs it. The bmp is 5120x3840. This image is about 1/5th that for web purposes.

Green Tower

This might look good with some of SirKill's catapult tiles also available.
igi
Yes, it does look great. Stunninly great.

Oh, and btw, I am aware the shadows on the tree's I submit are north-west, and not north-east. There is a good reason for this. But, I'm not going to tell anyone. In the meantime, you can just flip the images smile.gif
Rabain
Here is an another area I did a while back for a mod I was planning, the hassle I had with the area in IETME led me to abandon it.

It is basically a rework of the Ice Island from BG1 TotSC. I recoloured it, removed some of the walls, added walls in other places, added a dragon skeleton room (entrance was hidden). Also added horned skeletal wall mounts (cult symbol) and a barracks room with weapon racks, beds, chests etc and a treasure room.

jpg image is HERE. (233kb)

BMP file is in a rar file HERE. (1.5mb in rar, 13.5 mb extracted)
Rabain
Here is an area I did in less than an hour this evening, no prizes for guessing which area was reworked for this one!

I wanted to see how long it would take to get something different from an existing area, different enough to be different in a game yet still be close enough to an original area to fit in with SoA/ToB graphically.

Viwe Image 335KB
Sir-Kill
very nice! I did notice that the center house on the right just under the eveas that part of the wall is missing.

BTW want to shoot me a bmp link?
Rabain
Bmp uploaded to HERE in a rar file, 3.4mb
Rabain
Amkethran as it should have been:

See it HERE. 689KB

Download the RAR bmp HERE. 16.5mb

Image quality has been lowered somewhat to get this size and also original image is 3840x2688 rather than the 2000x1400 one you see here.
Sir-Kill
cool thanks got them both!
Rabain
It's been a while so I thought I'd post another map I did. I have been toying with the idea of an expansion for ToB. 5 or 6 new area's, including the rework of Amkethran above. I was thinking of placing some area's between the area's you go to in ToB. Like you cannot get to Amkethran until after Saradush so I was thinking of putting this area between Saradush and Amkethran:

View Image

The area is open for use by anyone who wants it, it will most likely be a very long time before I even comtemplate starting on a ToB expansion.

Comments (if any) go HERE.

@SK: I'll upload the Bmp later.

Note: this area was originally the Gullykin map from BG1, you might recognise some of those mountain walls & buildings!
Sir-Kill
Flysoup donated a nice dense forest
you can see it here: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/Commu...reas/index.html
thanks bud!

it is not too late donate more maps and tilesets folks

p.s. never got that bmp rab...if you get around to it make it a png plz
pro5
Here's one I did recently, my first full-sized map edit. I used 4 "rooms" from 4 different games here biggrin.gif.

Preview JPEG is here

BMP is 40,1 MB, where do you want it uploaded?
Sir-Kill
interesting composition I'd like to see the full version

I'll hit ya' up with a pm

thanks
Sir-Kill
another addition to CA from Flysoup.
A gruesome dungeon
Nice work FS!

another addition to follow soon smile.gif
Sir-Kill
pro5's dungeon has been up loaded you can of course find it on CA

seem like a nice area that could have a boss character ready to rip your head off
pro5
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Mar 4 2007, 06:52 AM) *
pro5's dungeon has been up loaded you can of course find it on CA

seem like a nice area that could have a boss character ready to rip your head off

Are these areas still available for download? I assume CA stands for Community Assets, but I don't see any of these on the page: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~chevar/community.html

Lost all my custom-made BG content in HD crash, and was hoping to grab this area I donated from here. sad.gif
salomonkane
Hello pro5, you can find some of the old Community Assets here :

http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouronne/...html#post279542

Hope this help .

P.S. :
In case this a link to archive.org about the archives, sometimes few archives remains ... :
https://web.archive.org/web/20070202221750/.../community.html
pro5
Thanks salomonkane, but unfortunately my area is not in either.

I can see its name at the top in the archive link if I change the date filter:
https://web.archive.org/web/20071203094249/...reas/index.html

but it's not available for download. Too bad, looks like I'll have to start anew.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.