Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tile donation?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > World Transition Project
igi
Lo folks,
I understand part of the WTP is just to gather resources.
In which case, I can donate some map tiles - tree's and rocks specifically.
I've uploaded a sample at: http://www.mcwrench.com/temp/trees.zip (1.2mb)

The images have suffered pretty badly in the conversion to jpg, but I have the original bmp images. I'm more concered about how they look in general - do they look 1/2 decent? Are they (roughly) the right size? Is the viewing angle correct?

Feedback is appreciated, though by nice - I'm famous for two things - maintaining the IESDP, and sucking at anything related to graphics.
smile.gif
Sir-Kill
I like them, tho not all of them are the right angle, (I guess if you can see too much tree trunk it is the wrong angle) C. and Dl can tell you. Yeah the jpg did mess them up. the bmp versions would be great. where did you get them and how much do you have?

what we could use as well, are houses, walls, rooftops, whole buildings, and seamless textures; stonework, rock, sand, textile, wood, shingles, ect. either cut out of a game or made yourselves.

we will put them up for D/L when we get more things available.

thanks IGI.
igi
I generated the images using Vue d'Espirit 4. So, I can generate loads more. There are about 15-20 tree types, but some are not appropriate (shubs, and small plants, that look very strange when used at larger sizes).
The images of each tree type also start to look rather samey after a few images, but, they are all pretty unique - as each tree is 'grown' from a starting algorithm.
AFAIK, Vue doesn't have an proper isometric render mode (though, I suppose I could change the dimensions of the tree's to a more isometric look), so I've just tried my best to position the camera to give a decent image.
Seifer
Can you set the camera angle? I've only used Vue 3
igi
Yes. I think.
You can move the camera in the x/y/z dimensions, and also manipulate pitch/roll/yaw.
So, yes. I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.