Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The quest & storyline altering mod list
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
NiGHTMARE
A while ago, I began to noticed that various mod authors are planning to introduce similar (and sometimes virtually identical) quest and storyline related additions/alterations to the game, and that this is usually because said mod author simply isn't aware that he isn't the only person who's ever come up with the idea smile.gif.

In an attempt to help soothe this situation, I had the idea of compiling a list of every storyline or quest related thing done by mods which could potentially interfere or overlap with another. Ideally I'd like this to be an utterly definitive list, but I realize that for various reasons, some modders are hesistant to willingly give out spoilers.

So for those modders who are okay with spoilers (and BTW any players who don't like spoilers obviously shouldn't view the list) and like the idea of such a list, please let me know what you can. Either post here, PM me, or mail me (nick@frad.org). Also, if I've already listed spoilers for your mod that you don't want on there, let me know and I'll remove them ASAP.

Criteria for inclusion:
- Expansion or alteration of an existing quest/story (e.g. betraying Renal)
- New quest/storyline which provides an alternative to an existing quest/story (e.g. a new route to Brynnlaw)
- New quest/story which involves existing BG2 characters (e.g. the kidnapping of Aran Linvail's daughter)
- New quest/story which involves characters from pnp (e.g the Council of Six)
- Anything else quest/story related that seems likely to be repeated by another mod

You can find the current list here. As I said above, if you don't like spoilers, do *not* visit this page! You have been warned.
Dellaster
Thank you, Nightmare. It can be very helpful to the aspiring (or experienced) modder to know of possible conflicts. If I was making a new NPC or quest mod dealing with Shadow Thieves I'd certainly want to know that, for instance, four current mods alter things to do with Aran Linvail.

May I make a suggestion? I'd prefer to see alterations by quest/NPC categories. Like, for example:

Umar Hills
Ranger Stronghold
Mod A -- Does this.
Mod B -- Does that.
Mod C -- Does something else.

Links to webpages and forums don't have to be repeated. Just list them all on the bottom of the page.

Just a thought. Thanks again for the hard work putting this together!

-- Dellaster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.