Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: free FTP
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Sir-Kill
I came across mozilla's free ftp while looking for some ftp software it is small, free and it seems to work, I am loading a file as I type!
Bazuttu
WTH do you do with a .xpi?? I use WS_FPT for websites but shit i can get warez easier than this.
Sir-Kill
I gave up on foxfires ftp and now use FileZilla. works much better.
I have no idea what a .xpi is. and please do not talk about warez, thanks
Rabain
I'm using CoreFTP at the moment, what kind of upload speeds are you getting. I always max out at around 6kb per second but from what I can see my broadband should be about double that for uploads.

Any one know anything about max upload speeds or would it be the program itself?
Baronius
A program could obviously limit download/upload speed, but it would be a very bad idea (a suicide on the market of FTP clients).

Upload/download speeds are always determined by the server and the client's connection.
A server can have upload/download speed limit, even different settings for each user / each user group.
Your ISP specifies the speed it guarantees to you in the contract. For example, if you have an asymmetric line (ADSL) of 2048/256, then your download speed's maximum is 2048kbps, while the upload speed's limit is 256 kbps. This means 32 KiloByte/sec on average for uploads.
So the actual speed you will get depends on the server's settings, on your own connection and on other factors as well (e.g. the server's momental traffic, this is related to the server's settings though).

I use Total Commander, and its ftp service is probably better than any FTP client; and I always get proper upload/download speeds.
Sir-Kill
I get about 40kbs up and 550kbs down off of BW. I have what my isp's up speed is but they clame 3mb down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.