Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brief Status Update
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Rabain
Greenest Town area's 95% complete, should be done this weekend (18-9/20 March).

Adding basic residents etc should be done by the end of the following weekend.

Further needed npc's will be added as required.

Anyone interested in submitting quests for this mod should write up something and send it to us here. The more the merrier!

Alternately submit your idea's to the Suggested Quests Thread: HERE

As always thank's for your interest!
Salk
Thank YOU for your updates,Rabain! I am eagerly waiting for news about this great mod of yours! Some people don't think I act very smart but I am actually not playing TuTu just because I want it to be a single experience with BG1 Quest Pack, Echon's Fields of the Dead (if it will be compatible), and Baronius' Black Superstitions! I know this is gonna take several months but I can be patient! Keep it up!! wub.gif
Rabain
Salk it is exactly for players like you that we make mods like these!

Thank you for your interest.

Expect updates at least every two weeks or if there is anything you would like to suggest or comment on please go ahead!
Eden
Hello there, how its going ? Seems it as been some nice progress since i last come there.

Hope its still going well smile.gif
jastey
Hi Eden, thank you very much for your interest! biggrin.gif

Progress is going a bit slow as we all have the problem that we are active in too many modding projects at once. But there is progress, and lots of good ideas waiting for implementation. smile.gif
Salk
It's always nice to hear from you that the Mod is alive and kicking! wink.gif I know you all people are very busy with many projects and that this one is really huge so we will patiently wait for its release. We know this will happen sooner or later! wink.gif
Rabain
Okay apart from the Drow area we are pretty much complete on new area design/building. One or two indoor area's need tweaking in the new town but that's a small issue.

We have our major quests laid out and know what is going on with each. There will be 3 almost game long quest-storylines that involve doing a quite a bit of travelling and involve several quests within themselves. Some involve returning to the same area (Drow) and others will come to you wherever you happen to be.

As the Drow are not a part of the main BG1 storyline this part of the BG1QP will not effect main game story/area's in a big way.

There are quite a few other quests laid out for the new towns/area's and we will be picking up a few of the suggested quests also.

If you were to count would we have more than 100 quests, yes I would say we are almost there!

Again contributions are welcome.

No. 4 in my personal priority stakes.
Salk
Hello Rabain!

Thanks for this new update! happy.gif I have a question: since I am gonna play without NPCs at all in the whole game (I am making my own party), I wonder if it's possible to enjoy BG1 QP even playing in this way. I guess many Mods that add quests requires to welcome new NPCs and such (this is why they would not suit me...) but I am hoping this would be not necessary in this Mod's case...
Rabain
As always thanks for your interest! smile.gif

The only npc's being added will be non-joinable. Some of the quests will possibly include interjections by the standard BG1 npc's but nothing that requires the player to have a specific npc in the party.

You can solo BG1 if you wish with BG1QP installed without fear of losing a quest!
Salk
Oh this is really great news, Rabain! I wish you and your collaborators the best for your project! It's nice to know that I can take advantage of all the material you offer without being forced to have one or one other NPC in my party!

Thanks again! wub.gif

P.S. By the way, Rabain...The Faerun map is a real Masterpiece! Thank you for sharing it with us! I downloaded each of the six parts and found myself daydreaming over it! smile.gif
Ironhide
Mr. Rabain
When that mod will be completed ??
Rabain
At the rate things are going for all involved it looks like late Spring or early Summer 2006.
Salk
2006 is THE year! happy.gif
Ironhide
WHy we must wait so long??

Maybe you can end your most anticipating MOD faster smile.gif ??
Salk
I don't mean to speak for the modders involved in this project but I feel like to answer: this mod is a huge project which calls for an amount of work that is not even imaginable if one is not a modder himself. I am no modder but I do understand how complex it can be. What's the point of hurrying out a buggy or not thoroughly tested mod ? It's better that the creators of BG1 QP (which is gonna be huge and wonderful) will take all the time they need to make it and test it.
There are several games to play. I patiently wait for this and other mods to be released and be fully playable before I install TuTu and start a long, marvellous adventure. In the meantime, let's play something else and let's just give our support to these guys! happy.gif 2006 is not that far...Keep it up, Rabain&C and thanks for updating us with your progress! wub.gif
Ironhide
Hello Rabain

Can you give us any information / update about the progress of that impressive mod??
aigleborgne
I'm really excited by this mod, as it looks very interesting smile.gif

I hope there will be some evil quests, as the game is actually oriented for good parties.

I was reading the mod would be for BG1 ans BG1tutu, but I was wondering if there will be separate scripts for tutu version, as for combat, BG2 scripting allow better things.

Actually, I would be really interesting to play this mod with my future one (enhanced creatures) smile.gif
Baronius
Rabain will decide it, but I think it would worth it to make the Tutu versions' scripts separately (where advantageous).
When I was making the BG edition of my In Candlelight mod compatible with BG1Tutu, I copied most scripts, and didn't rewrite them. For example, BG2's OR trigger makes a lot of things easier, you can solve a problem with one block which you can solve only with four blocks in BG1.
But the most important part is what you've mentioned: the additional possibilities of BG2 scripting.

Also, it would be good to harmonize Enhanced Creatures with BG1 Quest Pack, where it is possible/needed.
aigleborgne
QUOTE(Baronius @ Dec 26 2005, 06:35 PM)
Rabain will decide it, but I think it would worth it to make the Tutu versions' scripts separately (where advantageous).
When I was making the BG edition of my In Candlelight mod compatible with BG1Tutu, I copied most scripts, and didn't rewrite them. For example, BG2's OR trigger makes a lot of things easier, you can solve a problem with one block which you can solve only with four blocks in BG1.
But the most important part is what you've mentioned: the additional possibilities of BG2 scripting.

Also, it would be good to harmonize Enhanced Creatures with BG1 Quest Pack, where it is possible/needed.

The most usefull things in my mod are the new scripts.

One for each major class (fighter, mage, cleric, thief), they use nearly everything possible (potions, spells, ...), including shouts, tracking, ...
So, it's easy to bound them to new NPC.

It would be a good thing to have general very good AI scripts, so new mods wouldn't have to worry about combat's scripting.

Just my 2 cents smile.gif
Rabain
For standard BG1 it would be easy enough to check for Enhanced Creatures and copy over scripts to cre's if you're okay with that?

With BG1 I don't spend a lot of time on scripts, just enough to make sure the creature does what is necessary, I copy from existing scripts for battle scripting mostly.

For Tutu the same thing, I could check for Enhanced Creatures and install your scripts or check for e/gseries scripts otherwise the cre will use standard BG2 scripts.
aigleborgne
My mod won't be compatible with BG1, it's tutu exclusive.
I use many BG2 things, from spells to items and effects.

I see no point to make things for bg1 when we can play tutu. But maybe I am wrong smile.gif

For scripts, I'm ok for sure, I didn't make them only to be restricted to original bg1 npc laugh.gif
Ascension64
Do people still play classic BG1? Surely, it isn't that impoverishing to purchase BG2. And it isn't like Tutu is in its Alpha phase...
Rabain
Classic BG1 is just that...classic! I am sure people still play it just as I am sure there are people who dislike BG2.
Sir Alexander
I have lot of fun with classic BG1 ! BG TuTu is great too, good enhancements, but is not exactly the same experience.
Eden
Back there, how it is going ?

Ive read the post since my last visit there and it seems the mod as gone well, so maybe its time for an progress update wink.gif
jastey
Sorry for not responding sooner resp. giving more updates. We have to admit it's a bit quite back the scenes atm, as everybody is busy with other mods and RL issues. From my side it will have a high priority in summer, and then it will get a bit more busy here. Up to now I finished one more of my "commoner additions" quests, and I drafted five others, which will be placed all over the BG cities, as well as the new (mod) town. The big quests and the underdark areas were designed further, but Rabain and Sir-Kill could say more to that.
Thank you for your interest!
Eden
Thanks you Jastey !

News are always welcome, and progress update more than any other.

So its at better 6 month before an possible release ?
Eden
Still no news from Rabain or Sir-Kill ?

On the other hand, it is planned that the mod work with BGT weidu ?
jastey
BGT weidu compatibility was somewhat at the end of our list, to be honest. The first release should be compatible with original BG and BG Tutu. But it will be some time before this release will become reality (I would say 6 month is a rather optimistic guess), and there is a lot going on with BGT Tutu Weiduing so who knows. We are willing to support BGT compatibilty though.
Sir-Kill
heh I cant blame RL on anything but WTP is taking almost every second of my free time. I posted a screenshot of an Drow interior a cpl of months ago
berelinde
Great! Another good mod to look forward to.
Baronius
The earliest possible date I can return to this mod is winter, or next summer. I don't want to abandon this project!
Chev
This mod sounds really cool! I really would love to play it! How much is finnished/nearly finnished? Could the mod be released with just 50/30/10 quests and a few new items? I, and I think others, would be willing play what would be released currently and when more of the mod is ready then install the update. I fully understand how real life can take someone away from moding and just hope that what has been done will not be lost.
Baronius
This mod sounds really cool! I really would love to play it! How much is finnished/nearly finnished? Could the mod be released with just 50/30/10 quests and a few new items?

Thanks for the interest, Chev. It's always nice to hear your enthusiasm.

If its developers had time to accomplish the statistics you've listed, then there would be a chance to stay with the original plan. But currently no one is working on it.

I'm the founder of this project, and I don't want to bury it. Modding is one of my hobbies, but I've little time and several things to do at BWL, so unless someone revives this project, it will remain around the last position of BWL's mod release list. sad.gif Though if there will still be player interest in IE mods in a few years, this mod will definitely be released.
melkor_morgoth75
I'm actually amongst the ones who look forward to play this one! BG1 game is simply great, i play it often (in a BGT game) ... but it's really enjoable. Playing low level characters is nice as well. That's also why i appreciate a lot mods like TGCE1, SoB, etc ...

If ever i start modding ... i can help about this one, but real life forces me to remain a good player, not a modder yet ... but never say never closedeyes.gif

mm75
Moongaze
Since there's been no progress for a while, and half the team retired while the other half has no time, shouldn't it be moved to an "inactive BG1 mods" section? Or is that only for BG2 mods, since there's a lot more of those here at BWL? happy.gif
Baronius
Yeah, that's the reason. smile.gif We have only three mods in this category.
Alv
Is this project still alive? I hope we're not waiting in vain.
Baronius
It is in sleeping (deep-freezed) state, just like all of my other projects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.