Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Band/artist
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
dragon_lord
It's too hard to decide between U2 or Live as my favourite band so I'll just say both of them. Other bands/artists I like are Chicane, Blink 182, REM and Linkin Park. So whats you favourite artist/band?

atm I'm listening to U2 - City Of Blinding Lights
"The more you know the less you feel
Some pray for, others steal
Blessings not just for the ones who kneel
Luckily"
Awake
I like all of those bands except for Blink 182 and Chicane. I have never heard Chicane before, and B182 is, well...just not good, imo.

I'm a fan of a lot of types of music. I don't like pop. I like Trance, which is a type of techno. Trance is the type of music you would hear at an ecstasy party. Currently, I am listening to El Musica del Dedos. Translation: The music of my fingers. I type really loud and I can't listen to music when I'm on the computer, so I listen to my fingers. Yeah....

Anyways, my favorite artist would have to be Van Halen. Wonderful music.
dragon_lord
Why no music when your on the computer? Got no speakers for your new computer? I would go quite mad if all I heard was the sound of my computer's fans and the mouse clicking. Chicane is techno music so you might like them.

Still listening to U2 - City Of Blinding Lights
"I've seen you walk unafraid
I've seen you in the clothes you've made
Can you see the beauty inside of me?
What happened to the beauty I had inside of me?"
Awake
"I don't wanna say I'm sorry,
Cause I know there's nothing wrong,
Don't be afraid, there's no need to worry,
Cause my feelings for you are still strong!
Hold me in your arms..."

First little bit of the song I'm listening to. Very good music. I'll see if I can upload this one. It's my favorite. I'll upload it in a bit. I'm listening to it right now. I found my cd player.

As for speakers, yes I have speakers, but as you may or may not know, everyone in my house is asleep...
Vlasák
Awake: get the headphones wink.gif I can't imagine working on pc without them cool.gif
Awake
Well, that's a good idea. Just plug them into the speakers. Currently I'm listening to Toxicity(by System of a Down) on the radio, and I can't find my CD with that song on it.

Anyways, here is the file for that song I mentioned above.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA!!! 4 people tried downloading that... pirates! It wasn't anywhere near large enough to be a music file... tongue.gif
Rabain
Metallica are the best ever! Accept no substitutes...

That being said I also still listen to the Beatles, Bob Dylan and Evanescence!
redball
I agree with rabain METALLICA all the way.
With some led zepprlin and Hendrix too.Im listing to kings of leon a lot lately to.
Ragnar
How could anybody forget Guns N Roses? smile.gif
Rabain
Axl Rose just let them be forgotten! They could have been big...BIG...like forever but then that's Rock'n'Roll eh?

Where are they now?
igi
Placebo.
Ragnar
QUOTE(Rabain @ Jan 5 2005, 08:11 AM)
Where are they now?

Except for Axl, the rest of the band are forming a new one, Velvet Revolver, with Scott Weiland as the lead vocals
icelus
The Headstones
Junkhouse
The Trews
Cowboy Mouth
Zubot & Dawson
Incubus
Marcy Playground
Dexter Freebish
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Marvelous 3
Barenaked Ladies

(almost half of this list is Canadian bands. huh.gif )
Andyr
QUOTE(icelus @ Jan 8 2005, 10:46 PM)
Incubus
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Good taste cool.gif

I also like Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot, though their mid period stuff best (Blood Sugar Sex Magik).
Sir-Kill
toss up (at this moment) between Korn, godsmack, and SoD
Vlad
None of the listed above (too heavy for my ears and my taste).

Beatles, Deep Purple and Blackmore's Night, Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, Suzi Quatro

Pink Floyd, Queen, Jethro Tull, ELO

Cardigans, Prefeb Sprout, Beautiful South, Nick Cave

Russian Rock (early 80s: Aquarium, Zoopark, Kino etc.)

Jazz (old and modern)
balduran
I am a heavy metal fan, as you can see from my member title. My favourite band used to be Metallica. Then they released St. Anger (Metallica, I want my money back!).

Other fav. bands are Motley Crue, Manowar, Nightwish, Rammstein and AC/DC.
Rabain
Metallica = awesomeness

I think I said that before. St Anger wasn't great but not too bad.

Currently listening to Garage Days Revisited.
balduran
Oh, it is baaaaaad, very baaad. I wan't to know whose idea it was to make an album without a single solo for Kirk to play. Garage Days was the beginning of the end for Metallica. I don't think there's going to be a next album, though they keep sending me info on merchandise.

James keeps telling the media that this is the first time he felt "positive anger", but all I get listening to this album is gas. It's a crap that doesn't deserve the money I spent on it, and I am a fan who's bought every album of the group and know almost any song by heart. Sometimes I even wish they'd fallen apart when Jason left.
Sir-Kill
something died in metallica with burton's death, the man was a genius
balduran
It's very bad when a group looses one of its original members, I agree. But Jason Newsted was a good substitution, while Trujillo - what can I say about him. He just doesn't fit.
redball
St anger would be a good metal album if any one but metallica had done it ..its just not good enough for metallica ...but still there crap is better than everything else

and what up with the way Trujillo stands when he is playing?
Rabain
True, he does look like he has some kind of VD or something.

I still think there is a lot of worthy stuff in St Anger, maybe they tried a bit too much to have every song have some deeper meaning but hey at least it isn't a carbon copy of any thing else they've done.

S&M is both new and old in its content/production, this has to be one of my favourites of theirs.

Regardless, St Anger aside, Metallica rocks!
balduran
QUOTE(redball @ Dec 2 2005, 06:54 PM)
and what up with the way Trujillo stands when he is playing?

I don't know, but he used to do it back in the time when he was in Suicidal Tendencies.

St anger would be a good metal album if any one but metallica had done it ..its just not good enough for metallica ...but still there crap is better than everything else

Truth to be told, St. Anger sounds like an album composed and played by 10 year olds.
redball
QUOTE(balduran @ Dec 4 2005, 10:00 AM)

Truth to be told, St. Anger sounds like an album composed and played by 10 year olds.

Yeah there are some of the worst lyrics ever in st anger but thats what you get for letting the other members of the band write songs instead of just james
balduran
QUOTE(redball @ Dec 4 2005, 08:59 PM)
Yeah there are some of the worst lyrics ever in st anger but thats what you get for letting the other members of the band write songs instead of just james

I thought that James wrote the lyrics on his own. I even heard it in an interview of his.
Sorrow
Behemoth - one of few Black Metal bands that have a positive outlook.

As for Metallica - I used to like them, before I was able to understand what they are singing about smile.gif .
balduran
QUOTE(Sorrow @ Dec 6 2005, 05:50 AM)
As for Metallica - I used to like them, before I was able to understand what they are singing about smile.gif .

You mean you didn't know English to understand the lyrics, right?
redball
QUOTE(balduran @ Dec 5 2005, 03:25 PM)

I thought that James wrote the lyrics on his own. I even heard it in an interview of his.

im pretty sure he did for all the other albums except for st anger but i might be wrong
Seifer
Disturbed are my band of the moment.
balduran
QUOTE(redball @ Dec 6 2005, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE(balduran @ Dec 5 2005, 03:25 PM)

im pretty sure he did for all the other albums except for st anger but i might be wrong

I even watched part of Some Kind Of Monster(the film, not the video) and I remember it was mentioned there.
Sorrow
QUOTE(balduran @ Dec 6 2005, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE(Sorrow @ Dec 6 2005, 05:50 AM)

You mean you didn't know English to understand the lyrics, right?

Yup, and I was afraid that all heavy metal guys are nazis biggrin.gif .
I remember asking other people who listen Metallica: "Are you sure that they aren't a nazi band?" rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Now I know that James Hetfield is just bitching about how world/his life sucks tongue.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.