Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drizzt Saga Requests: EET Update and GitHub Hosting
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
Endarire
Greetings, all!

My family has been planning a massive EET run for over a year now. With k4thos (the author of EET) recently updating EET to support 2.6 and removing support for most mods to be installed directly onto BG1 before EET, now is a wonderful time to update the Drizzt Saga - perhaps for the final time - to remove any lasting bugs and add native EET compatibility to help ensure future generations can also play this mod on their EET games.

Also, GitHub is a free, modern hosting platform for code. It's also seen as a trustworthy and reliable place to host said code and aid in code discoverability. Hosting your mods there would also likely save you hosting costs compared to saving them on a forum depending on how the forum handles things. You can still post links to various places, like this forum. AL|EN of Gibberlings3 made this beginner's guide for GitHub use. I made these beginner GitHub tutorials. May these be of use to you!

Finally, if you want to give other modders formal permission to update your mod (like to fix bugs or translate it) or/and upload it to GitHub, let the community know! The Gibberlings3 Forum is quite active, and is likely the most active place regarding Infinity Engine modding. (G3 also has an active Discord should you prefer to use that.) Many veteran modders are there, and if you ask, you'll likely receive the help you desire.

Thankee!
Endarire
Baronius's reply to me in a PM is thus:

Thank you, Endarire, for letting us know about it!

Feel free to update the Drizzt Saga mods or any other Baldur's Gate mods, and upload them to GitHub if needed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.