Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haste and Slow bug
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
EvilMax
Hello,

Found a serious bug in Haste and Slow component of the SpellpackB6. This component adds effect with opcode 221 - Remove spell type protections. This effect is added to spells and items with Haste or Slow effect. But problem is following: this effect is set up incorrectly. Effect with opcode 221 uses Secondary type (Spell type in NI) code to remove specific protection. But in SpellpackB6 this type is set to 0. Instead in 221 opcode effect name of the resource is given. Problem is that resource is ignored in opcode 221 effect. So we have secondary type that removes all effects, including equipping item effects! Moreover this bug is spread to a lot of items. For example, Mustard Jellly slowing attack item, Strange antidote potion etc. Strange, but those sympthoms are in effect only with Slow. Haste spell doesn't remove any protections or afflictions. (However, didn't test haste with negative effects)

Suggested solution: set correct secondary type for 221 opcode, because resourve names are ignored.
Galactygon
Hi EvilMax!

I have not looked at the code for SpellPack B6 for a long time, 5+ years in fact. It seems that the installer is not setting the correct msectypes to be dispelled in the dispel msectype effects. Slow should dispel msectype "haste" and vice versa. It should certainly be fixed for the next release. There is no set date for that release because of a major bottleneck for new spell icons and Beamdog related stuff. I did find a way to mass produce -A, -B, and -C icons so that I will overcome that bottleneck quite soon. It still involves creating hundreds of icons, though.

In the meantime, you can manually set the msectypes in NI for haste to dispel slow and vice versa. You will need to look up the msectype numbers of haste and slow in MSECTYPE.2da because they are appended to the list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.