Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Call for translations (EE support)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
K4thos
TGC1e BGT Edition has been updated to support EET and BG:EE natively. The mod is currently in beta, available here: https://github.com/K4thos/TGC1e
Once the beta is over Baronicus will officially replace BGT Edition on the Black Wyrm site with the new one.

Due to differences in how item descriptions are formatted in EE engine translations need to be updated. The new file is called ITEM-ee.TRA and it's a copy of already existing ITEM.TRA. What needs to be done:
1. Check in either BG:EE or BG2:EE game how exactly EE descriptions looks like (hint: massive differences at least in English version, also no "Usable by:" section)
2. Use English version of ITEM-ee.TRA as a reference for the description (there is more data in EE descriptions, for example weight is always there and armors have detailed AC information)
3. Update the ITEM-ee.TRA file (only 15 strings need to be changed) and send it here (or upload it to GitHub via Pull Request)

Languages that needs updating:
- Deutsch
- Italian

Already updated translations:
- English
- Polish
- French
- Spanish
Lisandro
Hi... I have updated the spanish texts. The BG2 version has more descriptive text and better style format than EE version. So for both versions, is better BG2 texts.

Please in TP2 use this...

LANGUAGE ~Español (Traducido por Excalibur y actualizado por Lisandro)~

Thank you!
¡Hasta pronto!
K4thos
Lisandro, thanks. I've included your update in the beta package, but the call for Spanish translation is still true. Both items.tra and items-ee.tra looks exactly the same, so you didn't update it properly.
The BG2 version has more descriptive text and better style format than EE version. So for both versions, is better BG2 texts.

If you're talking about "Usable by" / "Unusable by" sections than EE engine adds them automatically to the description. If the file you've posted will be used in game than you will see it twice.
Lisandro
Ok. Send me the beta and I will test this in my EE, I will correct the texts if they look wrong...
K4thos
Lisandro, beta is available on GitHub: https://github.com/K4thos/TGC1e
Click "download zip"
Graoumf
Just to let you know that french update of TGC1e by K4thos is ready.
I'm just waiting to our tester to test installs on BGT and BGEE.
Graoumf
Hello K4thos,

Here are the french .tra files updated.
We tested them on an install for BGT and EET and it works fine. smile.gif

Edit: file removed
Brokenkatana
So is the English translation working or is it still more of a work in progress at the moment?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.