Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem in Chateau Irenicus
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Tutorials, hints & tips
nullset
I need to turn banter off in Chateau Irenicus. Now, the BanterBlockFlag(*Boolean) will do this, but it is not clear which of TRUE and FALSE will turn banter off, and which will turn it on. Does anyone know the precise working of this action?
Baronius
According to a post in 2004 in pocketplane forums (source):
BanterBlockFlag(I:State*BOOLEAN)

If set to TRUE, it turns off the banter timer. Normally it is set to FALSE. The unmodded game doesn't use this action.

It says the original game doesn't use it, so I don't know if it's properly implemented or not.

nullset
Thank you. I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
nullset
Well, it seems to be working. I will be putting it into the next release (v4) of EternalImoen. The problem showed up because EternalImoen transfers dialogue from IMOEN to IMOEN2 to facilitate the one incarnation of Imoen, and IMOEN2 assumes that it applies only after she rejoins in Spellhold, which is not the case with EternalImoen. I will be getting that to you along with v4 of Rjali, probably within the month.

Thank you again for the technical info. I searched but, obviously, I don't know where to look. I guess I'm still a tyro at this.
nullset
Again, it seems to work, but it also seems not to cross area transitions. I've got logic to handle that, so it will still be going into the next release of EternalImoen.
nullset
It also doesn't survive save/load. Switching to area script OnCreation(), which should solve the problem once and for all.
Baronius
Thanks for the update.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.