Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Familiar stalls after exiting dialogue
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Salk
Hello!

At first I thought it was a local problem with my installation but I made a new, clean one using the DVDs and the problem persist (tested with ToB, the very beginning of the game).

In short, every time I talk to the familiar and end the dialogue, the familiar's actions are delayed for 6-7 seconds. I cannot move, I cannot cast spell, I can't do anything. Everything resumes normally after those 6-7 seconds the familiar is stuck on a spot.

Can anybody else confirm this is normal, vanilla behavior?

I tried making some search here and there but I didn't find any topic regarding this, which makes me very suspicious it's a real bug.

I fear I am cursed... smile.gif

Thanks!
Baronius
Hello!

Maybe something is overburdening the engine? Like tons of invisible creatures created by some script.

An (almost) infinite loop triggered by some mod? That is, for example, it creates invisible creatures constantly until a certain condition is not met anymore.
Salk
Hello Baronius!

I could never really pinpoint the cause of this but the fact that it happens (at least to me) on a clean installation (no mods) made me think it might be an original problem with the game.

Argent77 suggested me to ClearActions at dialogue exit and that did the trick.

I'm testing the mod and I am hoping for a release before the end of the summer... smile.gif

Good luck with Black Geyser! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.