Our first year

The first plans to make a new modding community were born on 5 March 2004, during the meeting of Vlasak and myself in Prague, capital of Czech Republic. It was not called Black Wyrm first, it has got this name in June 2004.

We will soon be reaching the end of 2004, the year of Black Wyrm's founding. While a comparatively young community, Black Wyrm's success has far suppassed our greatest expectations.

Since 8th June, the date of Black Wyrm's first public appearance, we have had more than 210 GB of traffic, including a very high number of mod downloads.

Acknowledgements

The founder members (my friends Aldeth, Vlasak, Windwalker, and myself) wouldn't have been able to make BW such a flourishing place as it is now without the help and selfless hard work of Awake, Chevar, dragon_lord, Galactygon, jastey, Ragnar and Sir-Kill. We're most grateful for the constant support of Andyr, CamDawg, hlidskialf, Idobek and SimDing0 who have been aiding us from the beginning.

Special thanks to:

ArtEChoke for creating the entire website including design, coding and the web design of the Wyrm logo as well. We would like to express our thanks for your forum skin hints either. Without the website, we would look so naked!

igi for his contructive criticism (don't spare us!), beta-testing work and tons of other useful hints and tips in a wide variety of topics. We have been more than happy to receive your technical help in modding. Your knowledge stands on stable pillars, thus your advice is always precise, reliable and effective.

notmrt who is not a forum member, but his constant help on our chat server was invaluable to us. Being the master of all services of Internet Relay Chat, he helped us to sort out any problems we encountered, providing a secure and reliable enviroment for all users. We hope that this fact won't change in the future, and more users will use with this service.

Rabain, now member of the Black Wyrm Council, for his enormous efforts to make the community better with new mods and ideas. When everyone was busy with something else, when everyone was concentrating on other things, you still were here, working hard to keep the place up and running.

The future

We would like to continue and increase our modding activity. The Black Wyrm community has several big projects under development, hopefully they all get finished in the foreseeable future. We hope that players will always be satisfied with our works.
I'm sure that the Black Wyrm modders and programmers will do their best to make quality works for players as well as modders.

Finally, we at Black Wyrm's Lair wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!