Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
ReignMan
First: Vlad (or Team Vlad to be some kind of fair), thank you for your hard work.
No, I'm not currently playing any of your mods, but anyway thank you. I know it's a hard work you put in there, and that's amazing.

I'm coming back to Baldur'... like 12 years later (or some), and I'm starting to dig for mods, just for the sake of tasting something "new".
Reading some great stuff about your "Never Ending Journey" mod I turn a bit confused. Maybe because of "part 2", "part 3", "second edition" and so...
Then, I feel the need, because I'm a newbie in this "mods" affairs, to ask for some guidance about it. Not for "major guidance", but some directions about what I need to install and whatnot.

I'm the proud owner of Baldur's 1 and Shadows of Amn both in hard box edition, with the addition of a recently downloaded "BGT WeiDU". I know NEJ is compatible, but I don't know what part or edition is the right choice.

Anyway, sorry for all this, and thanks in advance for answers.

My name is Ariel, I'm a guy from Argentina and I'm starting to develop my own game with some other guys. A game, not a mod, knowing squat about programs and stuff. It's my baby in terms of idea, writing and production, we'll see if turns in something real in the future.
I'm saying this because I can't offer any kind of technical asistance, but if you need "writing", here I am.

Again, thank you so much and sorry if this is not the right place, but in header says "...for questions...".

Keep up the good work!
Vlad
Hi Ariel,

Welcome, first of all, and thanks for your praises.

I normally don't look into other sections of these forum boards. So, just occasionally I've now seen your post. Please next time post at the NeJ related boards, then I'll see it and instantly answer your questions.

Anyway, for now, it's worthwhile to wait for the third edition of NeJ, so called "NeJ3", which is completely remade game with a huge amount of new content. You may send me your email, and I'll include you in the sharing list at my Google drive. You'll get the link for download automatically when I upload the mod (2-3 weeks from now approximately).

NeJ3 is fully compatible with BGT. In fact, I made the mod and tested it on the BGT installation. Everything works fantastic so far. The only problem is the lack of balance. When you complete BG1, then the first part of NeJ3, and return to Athkatla, there is nothing to do there, even Firkraag becomes a piece of cake for your 15-16 level party with good armour, weapons and special abilities of your NPCs. So I've dropped this idea of playing NeJ3 over BGT, and now it's more or less balanced.

Good luck, and hope to see you posting at NeJ forum boards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.