Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GUI screenshots
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Inactive and waiting projects > Reign of the Masque
Pages: 1, 2
egm
Hi,

The first real topic of this forum is the traditional screenies one!
This topic will be reserved for GUI screenshots: even it will be part of the TC, I will release it as a separate mod (like the cool BGII skin mod by Chevar).

The first screenshot: the start menu.
egm
The creation menu: gender
egm
The portrait selection.

The portrait in itself is for the TC wink.gif
Vlasák
EGM: hmm, VERY nice wink.gif
egm
I've just finished some screens. Here, the Abilities menu:
egm
And then, the name one:
egm
To Vlasak: thanks!
egm
Since the last reply, I've done two screens of the character creation menu.
Here the color screen:
egm
A focus on the color panel:
Awake
Hey, great job on the GUI. I especially like the Start screen, but the rest is really good too. I can't wait to see it finished.
cliffette
It's beautiful. smile.gif
egm
And now on, the most difficult screen of the character creation menu: thes skills. It takes me hours to convert, but the resulat is worst the efforts.
Note that the current character is a 'basic' fighter. With a thief, abily scores display correctly wink.gif
egm
More screenshots: here, the mage spell menu.
Andyr
This looks pretty sweet. smile.gif I think I might like to use it on my Tutu install...

How much more do you think you have to do? Any ingame shots yet?
egm
Well, that's a pretty hard and long work. For now on, the Sound, import & export screens are to be made. I think it will be one this evening.
After that, I will work on other menus (map, options, spellbooks). For in-game screenshot, here's one. Please notice that's not finish rolleyes.gif
egm
Pfiouuuuuu

It's done: character creation menu is now C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E
The next menu: the map and world map... I think I will give you preview of the TC world map (colored)
dragon_lord
The GUI looks awesome egm! But how about compressing the images for us poor people on dialup? 500kb+ for each image means that the page took a very long time to load (jpging them with 80% quality will get them down to 100kb)
egm
'scuse me tongue.gif
It's done: it should load much more quickly now wink.gif
Awake
It's much better, and the quality just as good. I don't think you mentione this, but when do you plan on releasing the GUI? And, I feel like an idiot here, but...what game is this for???
egm
BGII... It's mentionned in the presentation topic, isn't it?

And as for the releasing of the GUI, I think it will be part of the Lost Crossroads mod by Galactygon.
In a week-end, I managed to re-make all the character creation menu and there is two others menu very difficult and long to make: the in-game screen (I must re-make the UI for the 4 or 5 resolution supported by the engine wacko.gif ) and the options menus (there are TONS of different screens).

I work this evening on the map screens: only 6-7 menus to be made, I think it can be done in a few hours.

It should be reasonnable to say that, with the same efforts, all GUI will be convert within a month...
egm
the new map screen!

Note that the two sidebar have not been changed yet: I will do this later.
egm
My progress were slow for two days, I was not at home tongue.gif
I have complete the map screen (not the world map one, though):
egm
And the world map screen (not finished - I will edit the post when it will be done)
egm
Map screens are now done!
I was not entirely satisfied of the world map screen, so I redone it a little :
egm
Please not also that some screens aren't finished yet: for now it is only GUI conversion to a IWDII style. When it will be complete, I will put minor but original features to match to the TC scope.
egm
Inventory menu:
egm
The item description menu. I have kept the texture for item icon even if there is none in IWDII.
egm
The journal menu:
egm
The other one, when you can update your journal. I have to keep the parchment texture because of the color of the font, hardcoded I think...
egm
The first store screen:
egm
Want a drink???
egm
And after the beer, the bed!

I'm glad to announce that many screens have been done: half the way. I must do: spellbooks (mage and priest), game screens (hard work!), options menu and multiplayer screens. I think the GUI mod will be finished within 2, 3 weeks. After that, it will be the next step of the mod devlopment (and the testing of this mod)...
Andyr
I am very much looking forward to this new GUI. smile.gif
egm
the donate screen!
egm
The first of the records screens:
Andyr
In that last shot, the ability names are not centred in the boxes on the left. Have you been able to fix that?
egm
Well, they were never intended to be centred on the left biggrin.gif . I prefer centred on the right. Note that on the abilities screen of the character creation menu, they are also centred on the right... But the font is not the same; I will fix this this evening tongue.gif
Andyr
What my post meant was 'the text in the boxes on the left' is not centred; i.e. the words for Strength, Dexterity and so on are not positioned well.

Although centering is not completely necessary, it would be nice if there was at least a pixel or two between the edge of the word and the side of the box.
egm
okaaaaay. I didn't understand that ohmy.gif
Andyr
I mean, look at the words like Force.

The e in force comes up against the right-hand side of the box.

I am suggesting shifting the text a few pixels left so there is a bit of a gap. smile.gif
egm
Yeah yeah, that's it, I've already understood biggrin.gif
egm
The mage spellbook. I intend to make priest spellbook exactly the same. For now on it looks poor with original BGII bams but it will be better.

And I'm wondering, should I organized the "memorized spells slots by 4x3 instead of 3x4???
egm
Andyr: by the way, I've just re-centered the labels of the record screen. It looks like this:
Andyr
That record screen looks nicer now. smile.gif Though I have noticed that REFORMER GROUPE doesn't quite fit... Though I guess that's more a problem for you, playing in French, than it would be for me.

That basic layout for spellbook looks fine to me. Instead of changing all the BAMs to fit, though, why not just make the interior of the boxes the same colours they were in BGII? That'd save a lot of work, probably still look good, and mean mod spells with new BAMs would fit in fine.
egm
That record screen looks nicer now.  Though I have noticed that REFORMER GROUPE doesn't quite fit... Though I guess that's more a problem for you, playing in French, than it would be for me.
thanks, and yes, it's particular to french gamers. A little weidu installation should resolve that (for the GUI mod only)...

That basic layout for spellbook looks fine to me. Instead of changing all the BAMs to fit, though, why not just make the interior of the boxes the same colours they were in BGII? That'd save a lot of work, probably still look good, and mean mod spells with new BAMs would fit in fine.

Well, no. The GUI mod is for two projects: my TC and Lost Crossroads. Galactygon is remaking all bams, and me, I must remake all spells to suit Agone rpg's scope.
Andyr
Hmmm. But while you are working on the TC, could you perhaps release a version of your GUI with the original coloured box backgrounds so people can use it to play normal BG2 with? smile.gif
egm
Well, remember what Galactygon said: the GUI mod comes BEFORE Lost Crossroads, so you can install it without the other features (new icons and so on). I will talk to him about that...
Andyr
Any updates?
egm
No tongue.gif

I'm waiting chu and mos files from Galac' to keep on progress and releasing a fully custom GUI (the save/load, movie screens). In case it takes too much time, I should do it myself, but I'm fed up with GUI editing happy.gif Perhaps this week-end wink.gif
I have almost finished the combat improvements and the ROTM web site. And I have things to do IRL (a rpg sourcebook for example, and learning 3d art)...

Yeah, I'm very busy cool.gif
egm
At last, new GUI.

Well, they are not really new, I just modify edited GUI, as I xas not satisfied of the result.
The new start screen, in 1024*768:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.