Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minor Inconsistency in Spell.IDS
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
horred the plague
I hecked in 2 different installs just to be sure--the spells greater shield of Lathander and Mists of Eldath are gettin g reversed. Mists installs as sppr738, but is listed in spell.ids as 1739. The opposite holds true for Lathander.

Are these by chance set spell slots, or is it "random" chance that makes them the same slots in two very different installs? There's a couple spells in DSotSC affected by this, which I thought I'd correct while fixing the TDD spells. How I handle them depends on the answer.

Thanks!

--Horred
Galactygon
QUOTE(horred the plague @ Dec 3 2012, 06:46 PM) *
I hecked in 2 different installs just to be sure--the spells greater shield of Lathander and Mists of Eldath are gettin g reversed. Mists installs as sppr738, but is listed in spell.ids as 1739. The opposite holds true for Lathander.

Can you describe me the exact steps you took on the installer? I wasn't able to reproduce this, and I'll describe what I did: Starting from scratch, I installed GSoL first (became 734) and then MoE, and my LCLIST_SPELLS.2da looked like this:
CODE
2DA V1.0
1733  CLERIC_GREATER_SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER  SPPR733.spl   *
1734  CLERIC_MIST_OF_ELDATH  SPPR734.spl   *

I then uninstalled both of these spells, quit the setup, installed both spells in reverse order. This is how my LCLIST_SPELLS.2da looked like:
CODE
2DA V1.0
1734  CLERIC_MIST_OF_ELDATH  SPPR734.spl   *
1733  CLERIC_GREATER_SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER  SPPR733.spl   *

Notice that even though I mixed up the order, ADD_SPELL "remembers" the original slots (which are set via separate external .2da files when ADD_SPELL is first used by the user). I requested this feature to the_Bigg and Mike1072 wrote the code. The reason for this is to prevent save games from being messed up when the hapless user wishes to get rid of one ADD_SPELL and subsequent ADD_SPELLs on the same level are shunted at reinstall.

QUOTE(horred the plague @ Dec 3 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Are these by chance set spell slots, or is it "random" chance that makes them the same slots in two very different installs? There's a couple spells in DSotSC affected by this, which I thought I'd correct while fixing the TDD spells. How I handle them depends on the answer.

The point of ADD_SPELL is to have standardized IDS symbols (and spell levels) rather than spell slots. See my reply in the other thread about the initiative to standardize community-wide mods.

-Galactygon
horred the plague
Hmm....I did easily 50 installs today while testing my spell-fixer mod, so maybe a leftover add_spells.ids in the override folder was the culprit? That file burned me on a few tests I ran. If I do a clean install in the near future and this happens again, I'll give you all the details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.