Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modding activity
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
aigleborgne
Modding activity: low-average

I don't spend too much time on this forum but you can follow my progress in my repository:
https://github.com/arnaudpourbaix/creature-editor

I'm focusing in my new script generator, which will be integrated in my new creature editor.
In the meantime, I will soon resume my work on my mod.
aigleborgne
I can't find the time to do everything alone.
I was really excited about my new editor, it could be really good and very convenient to use. But the truth is, it takes a lot more time I initially planned.
Right now, I'm not even sure I could finish it within a reasonable amount of time (about one year). And by "finish", I definitly not include all features I wanted... especially the script generator part !

So what to do now? Baldur's Gate is now a game from the past and I am not motivated enough to spend thousands of hours to create a modding tool and a mod after.
With my current time, I assume it would take me about 5 years to do it. I haven't played at all sinnce 2007 and while I spent the last 2 weeks to reinstall everything, I will play it at least one or two times but that's pretty much all.

By thinking about small changes and then working by iterations, I could eventually do a mini-mod. But this is just an idea....
Salk
A real shame that all that effort didn't produce anything.

I wish you better luck for the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.