Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TobEx
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
aigleborgne
Now that TobEx is almost required to play a serious game, it is good to know what problems it might cause with sensible mods.
I think most problems can be solved with configuring tobex.ini before installing it.

Concerning Lost Crossroads, is there any problems or special configuration with TobEx ?
Because TobEx fixes a few spells or behavior tight to spells (like awaken on damage fix)...
Galactygon
The component Dimension Door enables the spell to be selected in the level up/character creation screen, and uses Taimon's ToB Hacks. When I released B6 1,5 years ago, ToBEx was an obscure tweak pack rather than a mainstream platform. The next version will include the newest version of ToBEx, and there will be no problems.

If you wish to install Dimension Door, then you should either
( a ) install it after ToBEx (make sure HIDESPL.2da is in the override) and the component will automatically skip Taimon's hack
or
( b ) disable the hidespl component in ToBEx

Alternatively, you can open Setup-SpellPackB6.tp2, do a search and delete the line that says
CODE
LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO ~TAIMONS_HIDESPL_HACK~

Everything else should be 100% compatible with ToBEx.

-Galactygon
aigleborgne
Very good to know. I haven't installed TobEx Dimension Door since I am using Spell Revision.
I won't have any changes to make when I will install SpellPack smile.gif
Galactygon
While I can't speak for SpellRevisions, just from reading their site, one of their components is called "Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens" It's probable that you already have this unhide hidden spells component installed.

If you already have HIDESPL.2da in your override folder, you don't have to fret about this, and the component Dimension Door will automatically skip patching the .exe.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.