Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alpha release
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
aigleborgne
This is my first release, it only contains a few things, should be seen as small demonstration.
Since no readme is included yet, some instructions below:

1. you must have ToBEx (latest version) installed
2. you must have Spell Revisions (this thread is interesting : http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23689)
3. Detectable spells is required (first component of this mod). It will be included in the main component later on but it is separated currently because it takes a long time to install.
4. Enhanced Monsters has not been tested, it needs some work so I don't recommand to install it (all scripts are old version, no migration yet)
5. Enhanced Adventurers is the most interesting module to test. Read below what you can test.

A few things still need to be updated in core component, because of Spell Revisions. But it is not game breaking!

You can test these adventurers, ordered from the most dangerous to the least one.
They can all be tested using clua-console in any area, except for Davaeorn which should be tested in his lair.

I have tried to combine 2 things for spellbooks:
- variety of spells
- efficency

Spell Revisions help a lot to accomplish both, but it is obvious that some casters use less effective spells and could be stronger using "classic" spells.
Variety is also done with kits, notice that I use P&P opposition school, so there might be 2 opposite schools for some kit, which means (I think) more balance and more variety.

A few defensive spells are overused, I didn't want this. But without them, most casters can be brought down easily and quickly.
If someone have suggestions about this, I'm listening.

I'm aware that non-premium members can't post here so I will open a thread of feedbacks in another forum, link will be added in this post.
Link : http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23778

I've just seen that only premium members can download !
I understand why but I didn't spend thousand of hours to see it restricted to a few people.
Here is a link to SHS : http://www.shsforums.net/topic/53517-alpha...nced-creatures/

_CYTHAN
_AMARAN
_DAVAEO
_DRIZZT
_ARKION
_BORDA
_DRADEE
_CUCHOL
_ENTILL
_GERVIS
_ALDETH
_BRAGE
_CORSONE
_ARKUSH
_DABRON
_RONELIT
Salk
Congratulations for this Alpha release!

I am very happy you completed a difficult part, full of hard work! Are you planning to make this very interesting mod compatible with BGT in the future? And what about compatibility with SCS?

About downloading your mod, it is not really true that only Premium Member can do it.

You, as BWL modder, have the right to upload your Mod at BWL's download center: Dragon's hoard. It's enough to send a PM to Baronius and he will give you an email to send the mod to.

Once your ambitious mod is completed and well tested, I am sure it will be in the front page!

Congratulations again, my friend! thumb.gif
hook71
Just wanted to let you know that I can download the file without problems using my registered Visitor Account.
aigleborgne
I fear it will never be compatible with SCS, would be very tough to make as SCS change a lot of things in a similar way than EC.
It's like asking Tactics beeing compatible with SCS.

It might be possible that parts of both mods would be compatible but it would require some study.
Relating to BGT, I know nothing about this mod so I won't learn it to make it compatible.
I might have time to finish my mod, but not that much.

I want to finish what I've started a long time ago, but I will be gone for good after.
But eh, I'm still here for a good year I guess smile.gif

QUOTE(Salk @ Jan 7 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Congratulations for this Alpha release!

I am very happy you completed a difficult part, full of hard work! Are you planning to make this very interesting mod compatible with BGT in the future? And what about compatibility with SCS?

About downloading your mod, it is not really true that only Premium Member can do it.

You, as BWL modder, have the right to upload your Mod at BWL's download center: Dragon's hoard. It's enough to send a PM to Baronius and he will give you an email to send the mod to.

Once your ambitious mod is completed and well tested, I am sure it will be in the front page!

Congratulations again, my friend! thumb.gif

Anomaly
Congratulations for the release !

Too bad though about the mod not being compatible with BGT. sad.gif
BG1Tutu is extremely old, and EasyTutu old as well (not as much) and restricted to English. For a foreign version of BG (and Linux user on top of that), I fear that BGT is the only way to go.

The non-compatibility with SCS is not really an issue for me though. The two mods try to accomplish the same goal by different methods.
aigleborgne
I have always thought it was better to separate both games.
I don't know how BGT handle pack of mods that would target BG1 and BG2 but I suspect there might be side effects.

Currently, what is the most used between tutu and BGT ?
Eventually, if BGT is the most used, maybe I could give it a try.

Depending of amount of time needed to migrate to BGT, I might not do it althrough.

QUOTE(Anomaly @ Jan 8 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Congratulations for the release !

Too bad though about the mod not being compatible with BGT. sad.gif
BG1Tutu is extremely old, and EasyTutu old as well (not as much) and restricted to English. For a foreign version of BG (and Linux user on top of that), I fear that BGT is the only way to go.

The non-compatibility with SCS is not really an issue for me though. The two mods try to accomplish the same goal by different methods.

Anomaly
Well, I can't say about everyone on the planet, but French community uses almost exclusively BGT because it's available in French while EasyTutu is not, and old Tutu is old and unmaintained, even for people wanting to play BG1 and BG2 separately (which is also the way I prefer).

About the differences you asked. I don't think you should worry about mods targetting BG2 in BGT, they're just modifying BG2 part of the game.

About the differences between Tutu and BGT, they can sum up to these points :
- Different areas codes (for example: Beregost is FW3300 in Tutu and AR6700 in BGT) for history reasons
- No "_" prefix for BG1 files (items, creatures, scripts...), the few conflicting files are prefixed with "BG" (example: Sendaï in the area south of Nashkel)
- Chapter globals are 1 to 8 (Candlekeep 1, and all BG1 chapters are incremented by one) in BGT unlike Tutu v4 (same system as Tutu v6 by the way)

Some scripters have made macros to be able to install a mod on Tutu and BGT without duplicating code.

That said, maybe it shouldn't be your priority. As I said, congratulations, this has been quite a while that I'm watching this forum silently ! If I manage to install EasyTutu on Linux, I'll give your mod a try. wink.gif
aigleborgne
I don't use chapters or aera code.
Then, it's just item and creature prefix with "_".

Would be easy to adapt smile.gif
Then, I will make it compatible with BGT in my next release ! But maybe it will be delayed a bit.

French use BGT, I know I have read it on several french forums.
By the way, I was playing with french version a long time ago. When I started to install mods, I switch to english to avoid any problems with languages.

QUOTE(Anomaly @ Jan 11 2012, 02:27 PM) *
Well, I can't say about everyone on the planet, but French community uses almost exclusively BGT because it's available in French while EasyTutu is not, and old Tutu is old and unmaintained, even for people wanting to play BG1 and BG2 separately (which is also the way I prefer).

About the differences you asked. I don't think you should worry about mods targetting BG2 in BGT, they're just modifying BG2 part of the game.

About the differences between Tutu and BGT, they can sum up to these points :
- Different areas codes (for example: Beregost is FW3300 in Tutu and AR6700 in BGT) for history reasons
- No "_" prefix for BG1 files (items, creatures, scripts...), the few conflicting files are prefixed with "BG" (example: Sendaï in the area south of Nashkel)
- Chapter globals are 1 to 8 (Candlekeep 1, and all BG1 chapters are incremented by one) in BGT unlike Tutu v4 (same system as Tutu v6 by the way)

Some scripters have made macros to be able to install a mod on Tutu and BGT without duplicating code.

That said, maybe it shouldn't be your priority. As I said, congratulations, this has been quite a while that I'm watching this forum silently ! If I manage to install EasyTutu on Linux, I'll give your mod a try. wink.gif

Anomaly
To know every details and especially the few exceptions in the naming system (like BGSENDAI for BG1 Sendai, to avoid confusion with SENDAI for TOB Sendai), Ascension64 wrote a very complete Developer's Documentation, which is shipped with BGT, in bgt/help/devdoc/dev.doc. Worth a read, well, part of it since it's a huge source of informations. wink.gif
Salk
I play the english version of the game but I could never play EasyTuTu now that BGT is so well mantained, complete, bug free and stable. BGT is really approaching the final stage of its development, I'd think. There is almost nothing left to be done in order to enjoy a (almost) seamless saga that starts from Candlekeep and ends with (the mediocre) Throne of Bhaal.

So if you ever port Enhanced Creatures to BGT, I'd really love to play it because I am sure you've done a great work, aigleborgne!

By the way, Ascension64 in the past released a tool to make automatic conversions of TuTu mods to BGT. I don't know how sophisticated it is but perhaps for mods that don't need deep modifications, it might work. thumb.gif
Baronius
I understand why but I didn't spend thousand of hours to see it restricted to a few people.

This is not true: everyone can download forum attachments in Enhanced Creatures except guests (and that was so since BWL was founded in 2004). So after the free registration, it can be downloaded, as hook71 mentioned it as well. smile.gif
aigleborgne
My bad, I didn't know smile.gif

QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 12 2012, 05:15 PM) *

This is not true: everyone can download forum attachments in Enhanced Creatures except guests (and that was so since BWL was founded in 2004). So after the free registration, it can be downloaded, as hook71 mentioned it as well. smile.gif

Incantatar
I just registered to salute you for your mod ambitions!
Very cool changes so far. You seem to follow the philosophy of SR and IR of bringing the game closer to 2e/3e P&P on the one hand and balancing it more on the other.
aigleborgne
3e for monsters, because monster's manual in 2nd edition doesn't give enough informations like ability scores.
For adventurers, it's more a complete review of each of them and improving them with BG2 engine (dual wield, kits, better spellbooks, ...)

QUOTE(Incantatar @ Jan 29 2012, 01:01 PM) *
I just registered to salute you for your mod ambitions!
Very cool changes so far. You seem to follow the philosophy of SR and IR of bringing the game closer to 2e/3e P&P on the one hand and balancing it more on the other.

Salk
You're doing a great job here, aigleborgne.

Please keep up the motivation and continue on this path. I am looking forward to a BGT version of this! wub.gif
aigleborgne
Thanks, but BGT is not my priority. It might be more difficult to implement that I initially thought.

QUOTE(Salk @ Jan 31 2012, 08:59 AM) *
You're doing a great job here, aigleborgne.

Please keep up the motivation and continue on this path. I am looking forward to a BGT version of this! wub.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.