I'm a bit confused with all these monsters!
I can find them in monster manual 2nd, so it is a good start.

But when they are greater:
- I only found werewolf lord in 3rd
- I only found greater wolfwere in 2nd
What about the others? They don't seem to exist at all !

Back to the game, when checking these monsters, I find they are all a mix of each others.
For example, 20% magical resistance to werewolf when it belongs to lowland loup-garou.

Greater wolfwere and greater werewolf are almost the same but they should be different !
Greater wolfwere have many resists that don't exist in P&P, only 50% to magic.

Finally, regeneration is another mystery!
No regeneration for most of them. Mountain loup-garou (opposed to lowland) regenerate one hp / turn (or 25 constitution)
For greater wolfwere, there is no number, they regenerate all hit points in a single round.
Such an ability would make them almost immortal in game. So, it was changed to 3hp / second (greater werewolf), 2hp / second (greater wolfwere)

Regarding to shapeshifters, current description and cre tell me they are not werewolf. They look like a loup-garou and greater wolfwere.

In conclusion, all these monsters are inconsistent but I can't really find all necessary informations to make them right.
I don't want to make a mix of several monsters into one.

If a shapeshifter lesser form is more a loup-garou than a werewolf, then it will be 100% loup-garou and I will make all changes including ability name.
Because as it stands now, PnP werewolf are a lot weaker than current implementation!

For greater wolfwere and greater werewolf, I will try to list changes between wolfwere and werewolf and make a greater werewolf from a greater wolfwere and that list.
I'm afraid that, after all these changes, shapeshifter might become weak or overpowered, depending on which monster I use (werewolf, wolfwere, loup-garou)

I might be stuck on these monsters for about a week or 2, but it is a very important step as they play an important part in BG1.
I always feared this werewolf isle as it was a good challenge ! I don't want to ruin it either but do I have a choice?

2 things come into my mind : strength and attack per round, 19 and 2 are the current numbers. It makes them powerful, but in reality, it is more 15 and 1, which makes a huge difference!
And I could go on...