Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some news
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Enhanced Creatures
aigleborgne
Hello,

I was away for quite some times.

Several things happened:
- new PC, and some mistakes during data transfer. I've lost my lastest sources, so I've restored an older version, about 4 months lost.
- not much time to finish my editor, and no motivation to redo lost work
- bad performance on my editor due to a lot of data retrieve from database

So, I've planned these actions:
- All data are retrieved when editor is started.
- No official release for editor (no time to polish, test, and package)
- Restart Enhanced creatures

I will release Enhanced Creature but I will make it in several version
- first version : Enhanced Monsters
- second version : Enhanced NPC (opponents and neutral)

Because my wife is pregnant of twins, I'm not sure I'll have time to release NPC version. Or maybe next year.
But I will release first version this year.
melkor_morgoth75
Congratulations for your Twins! thumb.gif

I know how much RL takes ... i hope to be able to see your work anyway.

Keep it up!
mm75
aigleborgne
Small news but good news !

I have no game to play these days, I'm waiting for GW2 but he won't be release until end year and maybe 2012.
So, I'm fully devoted to my mod smile.gif
I have finished an alpha version of my editor. It is good enough to start coding monsters. I'll probably encounter many bugs but I can correct them during the process and It won't screw up my work because I'm using a database.

So, I'll have about 0-2 hours per day and a lot more on week-end.
I'm expecting a very fast advancement on monsters.

Relating NPC, I really want to make them this year, mainly because I'll have time.
But I have some issues with them:
- required mods : yes, it should NOT require any mod but if I want quality, I am forced to patch depending of installed mods. For example, if spell revision is installed, I will change foes spellbooks. if divine remix is installed, some npc will get new kits... finally, it will take a lot more time to do things properly.
- equipment : initially, I wanted to look for each npc items and see what should be changed. It is a very long work and I'll skip this to a few checks like giving basic items to opponents that should have them.
- other stuff : I haven't decided if I will implement them or not
- scripts : I was proud of my scripts but I was using my own detectable spells. It probably won't work with current version of mods and it would need a lot of time to change them. Eventually, I will ask permission to use other mods AI scripts

Relating required mods, I will think about it smile.gif
melkor_morgoth75
As a general question, may i ask what changes are u going to do on monsters and npc? Ai could be "taken" (i mean used if u have installed the mod) from SCS for example. While i won't bother with equipments unless u're really inerested i changing any sinlge npc (for example u may want to have a "world" with FAR LESS magic items so u can rempve the most from the npcs tongue.gif ),

tx,

mm75
aigleborgne
Please read other posts like this one:
http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=4581

I will take time to do everything I have planned in the beginning smile.gif

QUOTE(melkor_morgoth75 @ Apr 7 2011, 03:22 PM) *
As a general question, may i ask what changes are u going to do on monsters and npc? Ai could be "taken" (i mean used if u have installed the mod) from SCS for example. While i won't bother with equipments unless u're really inerested i changing any sinlge npc (for example u may want to have a "world" with FAR LESS magic items so u can rempve the most from the npcs tongue.gif ),

tx,

mm75

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.