Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Icons and bug reports
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Hellcommander
I'm creating icons for your spellpack mod. Im almost done the electric loop icon (mostly recolored sketch snapshot and removed bolders) and whirlwind icon (still needs recoloring and be made border-less). Do you have any ideas for the rest that need remaking? For example what would be a good icon for improved slow and greater shout?
Hellcommander
There seems to be a problem with insect plague its not progressing past the first copying and patching part even after a hour or so.
By the way I have a update to the progress I have on the icons. Ive removed the borders on the whirlwind icon Ive made. closedeyes.gif
Galactygon
A new version has been uploaded yesterday; I've sent you a modified version of the .tp2 file that prints each item/spell filename as it patches Insect Plague.

-Galactygon
Hellcommander
thanks and do you know what would be a good icon for improved slow?
Hellcommander
Here is a update to my progress on the icons. :I have drawn the icon for greater shout but I'm still still stuck on the improved slow icon (can't seem to be able to draw a decent chain link icon).
Kalindor
Slow is an hourglass, right? What about a sundial for improved slow?
Hellcommander
My install has reported problem with battlefate: [D:\Hellcommande-PC\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-SpellPackB6.exe] WeiDU ver
sion 22000
[D:\Hellcommande-PC\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-SpellPackB6.exe] Using scr
ipting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
n

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 1-3 priest spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 4-5 priest spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 6-7 priest spells (includi
ng quest spells)]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 1-3 wizard spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 4-6 wizard spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Would you like to display the components from [Levels 7-9 wizard spells]?
[Y]es, [N]o? y

Install Component [Battlefate]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Battlefate]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Battlefate], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2] component 1116.
Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2] component 1116.
ERROR: Sys_error("SpellPackB6/Macros/add_spell.tph: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.DEBUG to galactygon@baraban.com
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Battlefate]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Hellcommander
Redownloading from link I was given by Galactygon before hopefully it has been updated for the files tp2 file now requires. dry.gif
Kalindor thanks for idea for improved slow sounds easier to draw and better. smile.gif
Hellcommander
rolleyes.gif Seems I didn't download latest version of file my bad. laugh.gif
Hellcommander
Insect plague seems to halt when its patching
CBHLYTA+.ITM area effect patching
from my megainstall.
Hellcommander
CBHLYTA+.ITM is from check the bodies i wonder why the script halts on it? I'm moving out of override temperately for that spell.
Hellcommander
error on Greater Shield of Lathander
Install Component [Greater Shield of Lathander]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Greater Shield of Lathander]
Checking for required files ...
Adding spell %add_spell_ids%
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Added spell CLERIC_GREATER_SHIELD_OF_LATHANDER
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [LCPR740.*.spl] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Greater Shield of Lathander], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 13 files for [SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2] component 1740.
Uninstalled 13 files for [SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.TP2] component 1740.
ERROR: Failure("resource [LCPR740.*.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SPELLPACKB6.DEBUG to galactygon@baraban.com
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Greater Shield of Lathander]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Hellcommander
the spell web halts for some reason when installing
Galactygon
Greater Shield of Lathander: Oops, this was caused by a typo when I updated the component to use ADD_SPELL.

Web: Chances are the patching gets stuck at the same place as Insect Plague. Both patch fire spells in the game to scatter insects/destroy webs, both use similar macros.

Attached is a fix for GSoL - and - patching will give you feedback for each component where they are stuck. Download and replace Setup-SpellPackB6.tp2, downlad copy.tp2 and place it in SpellPackB6/Macros/ You will have to rename copy.tp2 to copy.tph as I was unable to attach that type of file. This will replace SpellPackB6/Macros/copy.tph.

Once you have looked at all components, I'd like for you to attach the CtB files so I can reproduce the errors.

-Galactygon
Hellcommander
Finished .jpg of the electric loop recolor with gimp (edited at a zoom to recolor) as best I could with free tools. thumb.gif
Hellcommander
This is the grayscale of my whirlwind icon.
Hellcommander
Anyone have any suggestions of other icons I should make and recolor (I draw by pencil on paper then take snapshot with dsi xl) for the spellpack mod. Please give me ideas of what they should look like (within reason). tongue.gif
Hellcommander
Electric loop looks like this downsized to the 32 x 32 icon size.
melkor_morgoth75
I believe all the icons not "similar" to the original spells should be changed. That means spells like: Pyrotechnics, Animal rage, Prayer, Recitation, etc, etc, etc...

Personally it doesn't give a good "feeling" to have completely different icons in your spellbook (with black template as background or different colouring...),

just my 2 cents,

mm75
Hellcommander
Galactygon asked if someone could created icons for the spells that don't have the Baldur's Gate style icons. The spell icons of Ive come up with have a border similar to bg. Colors in the icons have a limited color palette so I try create icons with limited colors.I make them by pencil, take picture of them with dsi, extract picture from sd card, grayscale the color with gimp, use selection tool to select color, fill the similar color with appropriate color, zoom when necessary to avoid selecting to many colors, shrink to the maximum pixel size allowed for icons in game (32 x 32), and save as 1:1:1 jpg floating point. Since I originally draw them by hand on paper with only pencil, this makes it difficult to recolor since all the original colors shades of gray. If you have a background for the icons that you could give me that has same texture as bg icons I would be greatful closedeyes.gif . Galactygon has stated in his/he readme quote:"Earlier versions of SpellPack have spell icons ripped from IWDII and PST. These icons look out of place with the existing BGII icons. I'd like to change this for SpellPackB6, but I don't have the time to draw new icons". Ive yet to convert the small amount of icons of made into bam files.
Sir-Kill
HC
and save as 1:1:1 jpg floating point
Why do you not just save them as a gif since you can import gif into bamWS
Unless BWS can import jpg's as well (its been a long time since I have done a bam)
If you have a background for the icons that you could give me that has same texture as bg icons

you can open DLTCEP and load a spell bam with nothing on it to give you the correct backgrounds (book and in game quick spell) Just take a screen shot and paste it into a open file in gimp (Ctrl+V to paste I believe)
I would do it for you but this comp suffered a nasty virus and had to format HDD and I have yet to reload bg and modding SW
Hellcommander
I was just showing the current state of the icons I can easily convert them. rolleyes.gif
Galactygon
I'm sorry, those icons do not fit well with the other spell icons. They do not have the clean old look that make the ingame icons special.

Some of those icons were already done by another person.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
yeah you can convert them but unless you save jpg as lossless it defaults to lossy. what that means is that is has nasty "jpg artifacts" = bleeding of colors so when in bws you do a transparent color fill (or any other color fill) you have to go back and paint one pixel at a time.
in other words never use jpg unless it is only used for posting on the web only for looking at (like you did here) but if sending to some one or converting back you might want to use png it is lossless by default.

rollseyes? really? I was just trying to help since I have probably forgotten more about CG than most people will ever know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.