Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wulfgar's Hammer won't equip
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
Grimwald
After Wulfgar has been killed and raised, his hammer will not equip. Any suggestions as to how to equip it?
flysoup
QUOTE(Grimwald @ Jan 29 2010, 10:41 PM) *
After Wulfgar has been killed and raised, his hammer will not equip. Any suggestions as to how to equip it?

Hmmm that must be due to that the hammer isn't removable from Wulfgar. I made the hammer that way since I though that Wulfgar hardly would lend over his hammer to anyone else. Anyway if I recall correctly, his hammer should still be reachable through his quick weapon icons. At least it worked that way when I played.

If it doesn't work then it might be a good idea to change the hammer to be removable in a future update. I haven't got the files on my computer any more and can't make the changes myself, I am also using a mac these days...I so miss to play the Baldur's Gate saga. Maybe I'll just have to install windows on my mac so I can get back into it again.

Thanks for the feedback in this issue.
Grimwald
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jan 29 2010, 10:13 PM) *

Hmmm that must be due to that the hammer isn't removable from Wulfgar. I made the hammer that way since I though that Wulfgar hardly would lend over his hammer to anyone else. Anyway if I recall correctly, his hammer should still be reachable through his quick weapon icons. At least it worked that way when I played.

If it doesn't work then it might be a good idea to change the hammer to be removable in a future update. I haven't got the files on my computer any more and can't make the changes myself, I am also using a mac these days...I so miss to play the Baldur's Gate saga. Maybe I'll just have to install windows on my mac so I can get back into it again.

What I was wanting to know however is this: can I fix the issue using shadowkeeper or similar?

For your information, the same applies to Drizt, if my memory serves me well.
Also, is the armour rating of Drizzt supposed to be the same when you remove his armour?
I wouldn't have thought so.
It's very nice having that armour for Coran without losing anything, but if it is a bug, I guess I'll just have to forego it.
flysoup
QUOTE(Grimwald @ Jan 30 2010, 10:48 AM) *
QUOTE(flysoup @ Jan 29 2010, 10:13 PM) *

What I was wanting to know however is this: can I fix the issue using shadowkeeper or similar?

For your information, the same applies to Drizt, if my memory serves me well.
Also, is the armour rating of Drizzt supposed to be the same when you remove his armour?
I wouldn't have thought so.
It's very nice having that armour for Coran without losing anything, but if it is a bug, I guess I'll just have to forego it.

The sword/hammer issue can easily be fixed with near infinity by open the saved game and go into characters inventory and choose the weapon and make it removable.
Drizzt holds other items giving him ac bonus and that is the reason why the AC remains the same if only the armor is removed.

wbarcus
How do you do edit the item with Near Infinity. I am not a modder so any help would be appreciated.
flysoup
QUOTE(wbarcus @ Jan 30 2010, 09:26 PM) *
How do you do edit the item with Near Infinity. I am not a modder so any help would be appreciated.

I would love to help but haven't got any PC anymore (using mac). The best way to explain it would be with some screenshots. Anyway, try to browse through the menus About and Using NI at the Near Infinity website.

http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/index.html
critto

It's fairly straight-forward. Press Ctrl-F, the search menu will pop-up. Select "items" checkbox, than type the name of the item into the search field and hit a "Search" button. After the search process has ended (you might get error messages, in that case just press OK until they are gone), double click on the item in the list of results to open it up in the editor. Then you should swith to the "Edit" tab. Here you will see the list of properties embedded into the item file. The field you are interested in is called "Flags". Once you select it, in the bottom of the NI an interface will appear that allows you to change the flags of the item. Do what you gotta do with them and than hit "Save".
Grimwald
Well, I did it OK and this is the first time I have used Near Infinity. Thanks everyone. biggrin.gif

I suppose that I could now make it undroppable again.

I am wondering is the similar situation with Drizzt which makes it impossible for him to use ranged weapons is deliberate?
If so, I won't make his weapons droppable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.