Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just some feedback
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Apsis
I finally get around to play some good ol' BG and TGC was on my long list of mods. Firstly i want to thank Baronius for this good couple of hours. Nice work thumb.gif Just wanted to share some of my observations.

-Apparently the mod is designed for a party and i dont think i experienced the mod fully with a solo character. Maybe you should add a remark about playing with a full party for the sake of Mass domination. wink.gif Incidentally the difficulty was OK for a solo FT but i assume it would be harder with a party.

-Grachus battle was a moment to remember with his hordes of undead; i managed to win the fight without luring him to anyone but again i think i was *supposed* to. An odd thing happened here, i lured some of the undead to the gates and then they attacked the mold golem to no avail, is that supposed to be so? Also,skeletal archers didnt switch weapons when attacked in melee.

-In the final battle the battle text read something like High sorceress*2 is protecting Teven. I interpreted this as i am supposed to kill the sorceresses first, since i am used to "kill minions first" idea from IA but i believe that is not true. Again it may be due to my playstyle but Teven also can be beefed up a little like with an extra pair of boots of speed.

I guess Episode 2 is not coming in near future but ill be keeping an eye out here. Cheers!
Baronius
Hi Apsis!

Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed those few hours the mod offers. smile.gif

-Grachus battle was a moment to remember with his hordes of undead; i managed to win the fight without luring him to anyone but again i think i was *supposed* to. An odd thing happened here, i lured some of the undead to the gates and then they attacked the mold golem to no avail, is that supposed to be so? Also,skeletal archers didnt switch weapons when attacked in melee.
The luring solution is optional, everyone should win the battle in the way he/she enjoys it and can win it. About the skeletal archers, I'm not sure (if they act like that, it's not intentional, it's my neglection in development), but the Undead shouldn't attack the Mold golem (in worst case, though, it's possible that this is a neglection in my mod and not some interaction with another mod). (Hopefully you don't have some other mod installed that may cause incompatibilities in mods.)

-Apparently the mod is designed for a party and i dont think i experienced the mod fully with a solo character. Maybe you should add a remark about playing with a full party for the sake of Mass domination. wink.gif Incidentally the difficulty was OK for a solo FT but i assume it would be harder with a party.

Two points:
- The mod's tactical side is not refined (besides other things that would also need improvements), so yes, for example with a solo character it is probably easier.
- You wrote that you played Improved Anvil. In this case, Grey Clan Episode One (and all other released mods as well, by the way) is easy as pie for you smile.gif

So if I ever get back to GCE and to Episode One, I will probably decide to redesign it in several aspects. (For example, I will consult or even ask Sikret and his powerful team to create an appropriate tactical system for the mod smile.gif Noone should be afraid, this doesn't mean it will become much harder, just more intelligent and realistic.)
Apsis
Undead shouldn't attack the Mold golem (in worst case, though, it's possible that this is a neglection in my mod and not some interaction with another mod). (Hopefully you don't have some other mod installed that may cause incompatibilities in mods.)
Hmm I usually read all the readmes very carefully for compatibility (also try to check the forums) and i didnt come across anything to interfere with TGC. I may try it with a clean install next time just to check.

- You wrote that you played Improved Anvil. In this case, Grey Clan Episode One (and all other released mods as well, by the way) is easy as pie for you smile.gif

Cant argue with that one. blush.gif
Baronius
Hmm I usually read all the readmes very carefully for compatibility (also try to check the forums) and i didnt come across anything to interfere with TGC. I may try it with a clean install next time just to check.
It's possible that it's my neglection after all. smile.gif (By the way, the readmes only state about known incompatibilities and their workarounds. Some mods that aren't designed correctly -- they make unnecessary changes which may violate game dependencies -- can also cause incompatibility or even worse, and it's not documented. Fortunately, in your case, it is just a very minor issue, regardless what causes it. Yes, maybe my neglection, as I said smile.gif)

Cant argue with that one. blush.gif

Indeed, the Tactician and his team know how to offer harder and harder challenges for those who want to improve their tactical skills. smile.gif
DrAzTiK
No offense intended but personally I don't feel that ennemy (and strategy we are forced to use to beat them) could be considered as "intelligent and realitic". Ennemy and IA (and ally) are clearly overpowed and cheated.
I understand and approve to take some liberty but here, it's clearly too much.

A bit sad to waste your skill like that imo.

Personnally, I beg for a REAL towned down difficulty of fights. (especially Gracchus and final fight). I think that many players don't cheat and and want to play this quest with a level 5-6 party. (with no cheated kit, weapons, extra XP etc...)
Sikret
QUOTE(DrAzTiK @ Jan 27 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Ennemy and IA

You obviously meant to write AI (rather than IA). The original poster wrote IA because he meant IA (Improved Anvil).

@Baronius:

QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 19 2010, 03:23 AM) *
I will consult or even ask Sikret and his powerful team to create an appropriate tactical system for the mod smile.gif Noone should be afraid, this doesn't mean it will become much harder, just more intelligent and realistic.)

Sure! Anytime you decide to work on the next release of the mod, Improved Anvil's team will be here to help. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.