Légendes Studios for The Black Wyrm's Lair

By Rigel

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/
http://weiducommando.forumsactifs.com/

BAMS RE - COLORIZATION

From ICHAN11.BAM to IVHAN11.BAM

CHAPTER 4 : CREATE A BAM WITH YOUR TWO BMP INDEXED COLOR IMAGES

Necessary Softwares : Item Graphics Converter, BamWorkshop 1 and/or 2

It is the fulfillment of your work: create your bam from your two bmp images modified in previous chapter.

1/ MAKE A BAM WITH ITEM GRAPHICS CONVERTER

Necessary software : Item Graphics Converter

Launch Item Graphics Converter and fill its two compartments by your two bmp files, then save and register your bam in a dedicated repertory.

Register your bam with Item Graphic Converter

>>> Select >>> Select >>> Save >>> Save

You just created your first bam ! Congratulations !

2/ TEST YOUR BAM UNDER BAMWORKSHOP

Necessary software : BamWorkshop 1 and/or 2

BamWorkshop is the quickest way to test your bam firstly. Start BamWorshop and open simply your bam to see what it look likes and if it's completed. You can see the big icon as sequence 0 and the small icon as sequence 1, zoom by scrolling with wheel of your mouse and watch well that no pixels got problems. Even if your bam looks good it's possible that in the game it does not seem similar, thus make a test in game before validate your bam definately !

Sequence 0 : large icon of bam

Sequence 1 : small icon of bam

If everything gone well you just created your first bam, when you will master well the selection of zones and various standard of selection (Composite / Tint / Saturation / value) you can colorize in theory any bam and even why not make original bams with bmp images recover on Web or somewhere else, or created by yourself (drawing). Do not forget of test your bam in game before claiming victory!

Test your bam in game

>>> I LOVE THIS GAME !!!

>>> Thanks to you following my Tutorial : hope it will help you a lot and will help you modders make wonderfull bams and powerfull items or not that i can see in your future WeiDU mods !!!

Rigel

PS : English is not my native language so if you got some involvements to propose to upgrade this tutorial just pm me and make your proposals !