Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to set BAM opacity?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
DanHibiki_Fan
Hey guys smile.gif

I'm new around! This is my first post - one of many I hope! It seems like a nice decent place.
So, I have a question - because this has been somewhat of a pain lately.
There are some BAMs in the BG2:SoA game that needs fix - so that black outlining/filling of the
animations are gone - just like the animation quality of "Fire Shield" spell, for instance.

And, ofcourse, I do need to know that when I start creating my own animations as well. smile.gif
Can anyone help please? I'd like to know fix this.

Best wishes!
Sir-Kill
Welcome to BWL!

The black might need to be there (tho it might not be rbg, 0,0,0 but a very dark color that looks black) because if it were cut any closer to the brighter colors it would loose a softer edge. Bam format does not allow for 8 bits for the alpha. but maybe only 2 bits.
So transparency is either on or off, no semi- transparent colors.

you could go through each animation frame and may manually clean up some of them Bams.

you can make animations in either 2 or 3d then convert to 256 (indexed?) color then import them in bam workshop. this can be done one at a time or importing a gif.
DanHibiki_Fan
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Sep 1 2009, 05:48 PM) *
Welcome to BWL!

The black might need to be there (tho it might not be rbg, 0,0,0 but a very dark color that looks black) because if it were cut any closer to the brighter colors it would loose a softer edge. Bam format does not allow for 8 bits for the alpha. but maybe only 2 bits.
So transparency is either on or off, no semi- transparent colors.

you could go through each animation frame and may manually clean up some of them Bams.

you can make animations in either 2 or 3d then convert to 256 (indexed?) color then import them in bam workshop. this can be done one at a time or importing a gif.

Hello again, and thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm sorry for this very late reply. I had an injury on my arms which needed time to heal. smile.gif
Now things are much much better, and they're fully recovered!

Ok, now for the BAM question.... well, the reason I asked this was because there are lots of BAMs
in BG2SoA which have black outlining - where they should have been transparent. And those are the BAMs I'd like to "tweak". I'll give you an example next time I get the chance checking the BAMs.

No semi-transparent colors? That's strange... how does that BAM for Missile Protection cylinder work then?
Because, it's clearly colored - yet, when one activated that spell - it appears half-transparent on the character.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.