Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode Two will be sleeping, but not dead
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Baronius
Dear players, fans and visitors!

I'm sorry to announce that I am not sure I will be able to release Grey Clan Episode Two in the near future, or in the upcoming years. I know I promised that I will release it, and I don't withdraw that statement. I didn't lost interest in GCE2, but I have other things that make me busy, including hobbies that interest me more than BG modding. It doesn't mean I don't like BG modding -- and BG-related software development -- anymore, just that I have more important or interesting things at the moment (and probably in the upcoming year or years).

I'm sorry again for making so many promises in the past years, but I didn't lie: even I didn't know that I couldn't release it in these years, but today, I think I realized that it doesn't have a big chance to be released soon. I can't tell for sure that it will not be -- or that it will be -- released soon; perhaps it will be released after two years, perhaps not even in five years. Yes, I know it sounds a long time.

I will probably work sometimes on the BWL project known as "IEMF/IEMT" (a project to offer a safer, more user-friendly, easy and powerful environment to replace WeiDU), because it doesn't require as much continuous focusing and time as BG modding. It may be surprising, but since the project -- the system -- consists of more independent parts, it is possible to get some work done without devoting too much time. In other words, I think the work on it is more scalable than modding -- the latter one requires much more creativity, ideas and getting deep in the world you're building and using as a context for your mods (specially, for GCE2).

This is not a "bye bye from IE modding" thread; I've loved BG modding, and it is still a favourite, but I have many other favourites (to be not detailed here).

I apologize to those who feel disappointed now, and the only comfort I can say to disappointed fans is that I didn't discontinue it or abandon it. That is, I didn't drop the idea of finishing it. It will all depend on my future interests, possibilities, priorities, etc.

Thank you to those who have helped me in this project, including contributors, testers, advisors and -- last but not least -- the Grey Clan players and fans, the Grey Clan fan community. Thanks for your contributions, support, ideas, bug reports, reassurance and for everything else I got from you and helped me to build the mod and its world (including those parts of the world which still exist in my notes or in my mind, but have never seen the sunlight, and as such, noone except me knows about them).
Graoumf
Life is a question of choices. smile.gif
Don't worry about the interest of players on your mods, especially french ones who discovered the first episode in last november: we have plenty questions about this quest.

Personally, I have many hobbies but I'm hyperactive. I don't like to let unachieve projects behind me (I still hope that we'll succeed in translating Tortured Souls one day), and know the pleasure we (the d'Oghmatiques) can afford to french players on BG series.

You're the only one able to code your ideas. I hope you'll find time, even for one week, to get ahead with your babies. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.