Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some comments and ideas after mod completion
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Drizzt Saga
ScuD
Here are some comments and ideas that have come to my mind after I've completed the mod:

1. The mod is too powerful in experience/items, should be started as close to the end as possible. For BGT I'd offer the idea of meeting Drizzt in a dream, just before Maevar captures everyone and sells to Irenicus. This allows the protagonist to be alone, take Drizzt and then all of his friends into the party. This will also allow not to have those uber items to be used in the 1st part of the game.
2. There's a bug of having Drizzt weapons in the inventory after he leaves. He also does not have a paperdoll in my game.
3. Drow don't have drow armor/weapons.
4. The voice for Catie-Brie was of some monster, better change it or remove at all.
5. All vampires are named "Valen".

That should be it. I welcome any comments.

P.S. In general the mod is awesome. I liked it very much.
Grimwald
I also like the mod and it seems that the main point that the saga should come late in the game has been taken on board.
There are two other points that I would like to make.
1) When you remove the armour from Drizzt, it makes no difference to him whatsoever. His armour protections do not diminish in the slightest. Surely that is not right?
2) I would like there to be a kick-out dialogue so that you can get the characters to leave temporarily and get them back later. I particularly like the kick-out dialogue in "the BG1 NPC Project"
which allows you to send characters to wait at an inn. If they don't mind this programming could be added to the Drizzt Saga. If they do, the same thing could be done, but with different programming.
At present you are virtually forced to kick out other party members when you might want to keep them to finish some other quests, Gavin for example, but others also.
flysoup
Hi,
Forgive me for month's of delayed answers...I have been stucked up with my artworks.

Cattie having a monster voice? Could be a conflict with another mod or that you didn't have a clean install, same goes for every vampire having Valen as a name. I had in plans to make a custom paperdoll for Drizzt and might even do so in the future if the crowd/players really wants it (I bet they do smile.gif ). There is a version out there that allows kick out dialogues and it also adds Drizzt as a joinable character later into the game so the players are of higher level when they join him.
billymas
Hi,i am having some serious problem here!

At the time i start my BGT game i thought i would have installed Drizzt Saga,
so until i played after i finished Durlag Tower only i realized i didn't do it,
so i just install DS in the middle of my game,then CLUA Drizzt out to trigger the quest.
It seems all went well until Regis approach me & teleport me & my party to 9 Hell,
Regis didn't join me,and after i run all the way through the Hell & wulfgar is nowhere to be found!!
Then i went back to The Beard Elminster teleport us to Icewind Dale,ask me to look for Bruenor,
but i can't find him even after i finished the Bear Tribe quest!!

What's wrong with my installation?did i missed out something?
Do i need to start a fresh new game after installing Drizzt Saga?

If that is so,can i do it the "short-cut" way to get all the quest for DS?
Because i have run all the way almost at the end of my BG1 game & i jz do not like to start them all over again....*sob*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.