Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Information
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Baronius
Baldur's Gate Quest Pack

under development

Features:
  • Adds entirely new outdoor areas including a new village! Adds Underdark!
  • Adds tons of new quests (100+), items, spells, creatures with new scripts, dialogs and more...
  • Compatible with BG1Tutu
  • And much more...
SirLancelot
100 quests??!!?
Baronius
Yeah, about 100 quests.
A few (say 3-4) will be really long (with entirely new areas), others (50+) will be shorter but still complex, but you will also get quests like finding and retrieving an item (40+). This was just a quick grouping, the difference between the quests won't be so sharp.

The quest system will have some new features, but I'd rather not go into that yet. The development is in starting phase.
SirLancelot
Your idea sounds wonderful, but i don?t know really if it will be released someday or not, i hope you will be capable of recuit as many modders as necessary to complete the task and debug the mod after that.

Don?t forget Echon (Fields of the Dead) and Galactycon (Lost Crossroads), they would be interested on working together with you, maybe. (Yeah, I know LC is a BG2 mod, but both tutu and bgt uses bg2 engine)

ps: offtopic: By the way...hey Galactycon, i'm the guy Immortality told you about for the LC or TDDwithoutTDD version for Tutu. I?m currently messed with BP spanish translation, but we can chat about that someday, if you wish. smile.gif

offtopic ended. Forgive me, Baronius.
Baronius
You could have used the private messaging option of forum but nevermind, no problem.

You're right, it's a giant project, but I think we'll able to finish it. Rabain and me work the most on it but as you've written, any help is welcome, especially ideas for quests and suggestions for areas that should be extended by new quests.
Echon
QUOTE(SirLancelot @ Aug 6 2004, 02:53 AM)
Donīt forget Echon (Fields of the Dead) and Galactycon (Lost Crossroads), they would be interested on working together with you, maybe.

I cannot speak on behalf of Galactygon, but I have got my hands full creating my own mod. I am fairly sure that applies to him, as well. smile.gif

-Echon
Galactygon
QUOTE(Echon @ Aug 6 2004, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE(SirLancelot @ Aug 6 2004, 02:53 AM)
Donīt forget Echon (Fields of the Dead) and Galactycon (Lost Crossroads), they would be interested on working together with you, maybe.

I cannot speak on behalf of Galactygon, but I have got my hands full creating my own mod. I am fairly sure that applies to him, as well. smile.gif

-Echon

Echon said it for me. smile.gif I have simply too much on my plate these days to even work on the mod.

-Galactygon
Windwalker
QUOTE(SirLancelot @ Aug 2 2004, 05:20 AM)
100 quests??!!?

Nightmare pointed out the idea that one could easily complete a quest/day. Considering Baronius is not alone in making this mod, it *could* be completed within 120-140 days, without that measuring being accurate.

100 Quests is quite a large undertaking, but I do have hopes this will be completed one day, and it will be damn good!
Baronius
The more complex quests will obviously need even a week, but I can make more than one of the smaller ones per day. Although I am working on other mods too so it will not be so fast...

Anyway modding is fun, and nothing urges us.
SirLancelot
Well, i'm currently playing and enyoing BGTutu and i'd like to say that would be nice to have more unexpected and/or emotional quests like the Mirianne one (the woman in Beregost that want news about her husband) or Prism's (the artist who steals some gems that are requested by a man in Naskell)

Keldorn's family quest is also a good example of the kind of missions i?m talking about.

For the combat challenges, fight missions type, i think the party could be interested to participate in an open war, eventually.... (Echon would be happy to see this, i presume tongue.gif ) joining any of the sides confronted according to his moral attitude or something else.
Echon
QUOTE(SirLancelot @ Aug 10 2004, 02:09 AM)
For the combat challenges, fight missions type, i think the party could be interested to participate in an open war, eventually.... (Echon would be happy to see this, i presume tongue.gif ) joining any of the sides confronted according to his moral attitude or something else.

I would? smile.gif

-Echon
Baronius
Hey Sir Lancelot, you gave excellent ideas. I also liked the Mirianne quest in BG1 -- will add tasks of that type to BG1QP!
It's a lot of work, I'm most grateful for any complete quest plots.
Black Elk
Anyway modding is fun, and nothing urges us

I can play the gadfly if you need some motivation *cracks whips* biggrin.gif

Seriously though this project sounds really cool. Great job guys I can't wait to see it.

Have you considered setting a more modest goal of 50 quests and then releasing an update? You could split it into 50 quests with the village, then another 50 to accompany the Underdark. Just a thought..
Baronius
Updates usually aren't lucky... but fear not, the long and hard work of developers will grow its fruit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.