Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3d at Work
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sir-Kill
something I have been working on at work. it is not done yet. I have to make some more clutter.
It is an abandoned hotel that road weary travelers used to use, until something happened. Now no one likes to talk about it, it is best to let the dead lay undisturbed...

[image reduced 70%. created entirely in 3d]
Daulmakan
Very nice. cool.gif
Rigel
OH great ! thumb.gif

It looks like Maztican colonial architecture rolleyes.gif
HERD
What you can do at a boring job

This convinces me to get a laptop already smile.gif

SK, could you post this part at 100%, please,
[attachment=3497:Untitled_1.png]
wanna see the liana leaves upclose
Sir-Kill
yeah I can but tomorrow (when I am at my boring job) I could not imagine the hand cramps doing this with a laptop.

thanks for the kind words people smile.gif

I'll take suggestions for filling up the area with clutter.

HERD
suggestions for filling up the area with clutter

Some broken stuff, anything - barrels, benches, crates
(that is what I am working on right now, need good example smile.gif )
Also was wondering, how hard would it be to make a carcass?
Sir-Kill
yeah I'd probably put some of that stuff inside the walls, what about outside? Live trees will go in maybe a path. I started putting stutters on the windows and has some of them rotting but I could not get them to look good (with a low poly count) so I ditched them.

Carcass: depends on what kind of detail you put in, fortunately IE does not require to much. also what level of decomposition? is it just bloated, is it half rotted away, or is it a skeleton?
Sir-Kill
100%

BTW you can crop a smaller view of your scene using crop.
select VP, select crop, click the tea cup button (quick render), the you can tove move or re-size the area to render.

this is handy when you have a large scene and you do not need to render the whole scene.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.