Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any progressions/screenshots to report ?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Salk
As Topic! biggrin.gif I have checked this Forum everyday and now it makes me sad to see no more activity! The last post is next to one month old and I am soooo curious about how things are proceeding about this great project!! Forgive me if I sound like I am stressing you all guys who are working on it. It's just that I am very excited about the Bg1QuestPack! I would love to have a pinned topic where the authors might drop a couple of lines mentioning the WIP and attaching a couple of images, maybe! Thanks and hugs! happy.gif
jastey
Hi Salk!
Of course we feel honoured by your interest! There was actually quite a lot of activity, only not viewable to you because it took place in the (hidden) workroom! So if nothing seems to go in a mod forum, that could actually mean the modders are so busy doing actual work they didn't had time posting! tongue.gif
Two new modders joined the team, Black Elk and Apeman, both with very good ideas so the work is progressing quite nicely! We will try to keep our fans up do date, sorry about that!
Salk
Hello jastey (you must be one of the gentlest persons in the world, by the way)!

Thanks for your update! I am very happy to read that the team is working with such enthusiasm! I must say good luck to the two recent additions then! Congratulations to Black Elk and Apeman! tongue.gif
Rabain
Hi Salk,

I wish to second Jasteys thanks for your interest and give you a brief overview:

We have pretty much finished designing the new areas we will be adding with the Questpack. Greenest town is a small town / hamlet on the Greenfields (see the link to the map of the sword coast below) between Beregost and Berdusk (out beyond Durlags Tower) and there will also be a large Drow area somewhere in the game though i won't give too much away about that.

As i said the area design is pretty much complete and we are currently in the process of doing quests for both these areas and the existing areas in the game. Some quests will be simple quests much like the Marianne one in Beregost (that nets you a ring of protection) others will be longer plot driven quests. Both Black Elk and Apeman have joined as we move into this part of development.

We are hoping to bring more class specific quests and resolution of quests to the game also as this is something sadly lacking in BG1.

We will be trying to keep the quest rewards balanced with the current game so don't expect large numbers of drow chain etc to be available in fact if I have much say there won't be much more than one or maybe two +2 weapons added by the Questpack in total. The emphasis will be on gameplay rather than physical reward. We will also be keeping an eye on XP rewards which we can't let get too big or the party will rise too quickly in levels just by doing our additional quests.

If you have any other questions please continue to post them here and we will endeavour to answer them to the best of our ability.

Thanks again,

Rabain
Domi
Keep up good work guys smile.gif
Takara
I'd just like to add my own words of thanks to those involved on the project. I too am greatly looking forward to the release of this mod. smile.gif
worrow
I am also looking forward to your great mod biggrin.gif
jastey
Thanks a lot, guys! It's always good to have positive feedback. Everyone's more or less working on his/her input ATM, so nothing to present to you really but still progressing on!
Have a happy Christmas everyone! (For those who are celebrating it.) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.