Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Herb & Potions Add-in
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > BG1 Quest Pack
Baronius
HERBS AND POTIONS ADD-IN FOR BG1 AND BG1TUTU
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Mods/herbaddin.php

This mod will be a part of BG1 Quest Pack but will also be available as a separate mod.
  • 5 new herbs, 15 potions you can brew: healing, poisonous, acidic, fiery etc.
  • some potions should be thrown at someone than consumed!
  • ask the druid to check your items and tell if she can enchant any
  • a new store with a very wide variety of potions - don't expect low prices!
    find all these in the town of Nashkel
See homepage for more information.
Xaos_Bob
The number of herb variations, thus the number of possible potions that can be created: 25

Are all of these going to be new potions, or will the herbs simply allow you to make mostly the same potions we have everywhere else?

I'm kind of hoping the former...
Baronius
...and you are right. Most of them will all be new potions. There should be 2-3 potions of each type (healing, poison, antidote etc).

Although certainly I haven't created all 25 yet and if you have idea(s) for a potion that could be added, please post! (Just start a new topic in this forum)
Domi_S
How about poisons that one can admininster on touch (say as an ability after using the item?)
Baronius
Could you be more specific? Do you mean pouring potions to others ('Range: Touch') ? Or making a blade (sword) poisonous by using the poison?
domi_s
Can work both ways I suppose; as assassin's special ability and as a touch spell. It does not have to be restricted.
Baronius
You are right, it could work both ways.
Although I think it needs no serious skills to throw/pour a flask of poison to someone (it would need a hit roll though), neither to smear a blade with venom, so it could be usable by any class. An example: a mage could also smear a sword that is in his inventory with poison, but obviously couldn't use it: he would have to give it to someone who can use that type of sword.
What's your opinion?
Baronius
Ok, i've decreased the potion number to 15 for the time being.
Baronius

Herbs and Potions Add-in for Baldur's Gate and BG1Tutu

The first version of the mod has been released.
Check its homepage for more information. You can also view its readme file and download the mod from there!

Extra coming soon: herb variation list! (For those who want to see how to create each potion; warning: spoils the fun of own exploring, Its use is recommended only if you do not install the mod for some reason but are interested, or have already brewed many potions)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.