Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spell Revisions and SpellPack
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Leomar
Gamers has reported the following:

Spell "Chaos" is defect

@ Gamer One
Namely mighty defective. Instead of that the people behave like under the influence of this magic they disappear because simply. So as if there had never been them. Quite silly if to the HC it happens. Indeed, then there comes no death sequence, one can continue the play quite normally, only without HC just. A short look in NI says me, that the spell on the effect "CAS05. SPL" wants to access which is not to be found, however, at all.
Changelog:
CODE
Mods affecting SPWI508.SPL:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 2 // Arcane spells
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-SPELLPACKB5.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)
00002: ~SETUP-SPELLPACKB5.TP2~ 0 13 // Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Shadow Door, Domination, Chaos, Invulnerability to Normal Weapons, Lower Resistance

It seems to be the component of SPELLPACKB5, after the spell from the backup was laid in the override, gone it in such a way, as one would have it with pleasure.

@ Gamer Two
Hmm, maybe lies it, however, also with it the Spell Revisions and Spellpack bite, because I have installed only Spellpack and CHAOS functioned perfectly!

It looks like that the bug appears only if you installed Spell Revisions and SpellPack together.

Greetings Leomar
Demivrgvs
I don't know what's happening...Spell Revisions Chaos works fine on its own. I would have to know what SpellPack does to Chaos to guess what may be causing this issue.
Galactygon
I cannot confirm or deny this; I haven't tried SpellRevisions along with SpellPack. Other than one overriding the other, there should theoretically be no crashes if you have both installed.

This might have to do with opcode #151 (Summon: Replace Creature) not functioning in certain .exes; I use this opcode to allow saving throws for creatures with certain INT scores.

Other spells in SpellPack use this opcode extensively; I would ask this gamer to try SpellPack's implosion, and see if the caster disappears.

-Galactygon
Leomar
All right, I'll ask the gamer.

Greetings Leomar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.