Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rhonwyn NPC
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
witya
Greetings everyone!

Recently I finished playing BG2-SoA for the 6-7 time now, after cleaning off the dust (haven't played it for many years), but this time I wanted to see if there is some additional stuff around the internet, so I found many forums and a large community of modders... I'm a kind of person who opens up the editor of any computer game right after the first game (Starcraft, HoMM series, NWN, etc), but BG2 doesn't have an editor of that kind and the possibility of making a mod for it eluded me for years... but not this time. ^^ If that's a good thing for you, or you will just get some poor stuff that you will forget about in a sec... we'll have to see. ^^

And that's it for introduction. ^^ Here comes the mod:

It's adding a new npc to the game, Rhonwyn Seidon. The "technical" part:

Race: Human
Class: Skald
Alignment: Neutral good
Stats:
9 Strength
16 Dexterity
11 Constitution
18 Intelligence
12 Wisdom
17 Charisma

According to my plans the mod will contain (or already contains):
-2 quests + 1 romance related quest
-2-3 banters with most of the Bioware npcs
-many interjections throughout the game
-a romance with a non-evil, human/half-elf/elven male with 12+ charisma
-some new items
-soundset
-themesong(s)

Now for her personality:
Rhonwyn Seidon is a bardess from a cold place called Shandel`lurah, nested in the icy mountains, though where that land may lie, no one knows (the PC can find out during the game)
Judging by her expressions and her sleepy eyes, it seems that she is living in her own world of fantasy, always dreaming while awake. When someone tries to have a conversation with her, it will become quite clear, that her dreams totally consumed her. Or perhaps... it is something else?
In any case, she seems irrecoverable from this absence of mind as she often forgets the very topic of a conversation while speaking. Also, Rhonwyn claims to know much about the world, but as she says, the pieces of this knowledge is often "hiding somewhere in the back of her mind". Despite her flawed memory, she remembers names pretty well, though when it comes to associating these names with events, she fails very often.
Only a step divides the genius from madness, they say. Rhonwyn can be considered a musical genius, and this shows when it comes to playing her instrument, the violin as well. She usually leaves her audience in awe as sweet, slow melodies turn into cacophonic soul-slaughter, just to calm down again, chasing away the musical clouds from above.
Rhonwyn, despite her derangment, has a calm and kind personality, taking delight in the beauties of the world and learning about anything new that crosses her path. She values anything aesthetic and likes philosophical conversations. For Rhonwyn, freedom means a chance to understand the world better, and a chance to enjoy life, therefore slavery is something that she will never approve of.
She is not likely to get insulted. Often it seems she dodges because of naivity and/or misunderstanding, though those who listen and watch carefully can realize her graceful ignorance. Dreams may cloud her mind, but it doesn't mean she's a fool.

My progress so far:
Well, the banters with the original npcs are half-finished yet, I made interjections at critical points of the story (like meeting Aran Linvail, pc changing into the Slayer, Tree of Life talk, etc) Her first quest is finished and workes well (though not that complicated). I feel that I'm making good progress, though getting used to the coding and stuff takes most of my time at this point.

I need some advice:
First, I'm looking for a good portrait.

Second, some advice on banters with Valygar and Mazzy. This may sound strange, but they were never in my party, as I didn't find them useful, so I don't have much of an idea about their personality.

Third, I'm looking for a voice actress, since I'm a male. The voice should be a calm and pleasant female one.

Fourth... well, this may sound extreme, but I'm looking for a violin player for the themesong. ^^ I can compose it too on guitar, but violin suits the character better.

And fifth: anything you would find useful to say to a newbie modder, or ideas or tips, about anything, really. ^^

I'm open to constructive criticism. Thank you for reading. ^^

witya
witya
This is the portrait for her so far. It's pretty pretty, but has a small flaw: that's a chello, not a violin. It's really a minor thing, so this will stay if I don't find any better. ^^
Sir_Carnifex
Good luck with the mod. If you want to do stuff with Valygar or Mazzy (or any other NPC) just give me a message and I'll see what I can do.
witya
Thanks. ^^ A pm is on its way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.