Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tech Support
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Belching Dragon Tavern
Rabain
Anyone know anything about broadband?

I got it installed in the house i moved to and it worked for a month and then bam (no not one of those) nothing!

The modem has lights from left to right : USB, Ethernet, ULD, DLD, Sync and Ready. Since my problem began the ULD light never comes on (even when the modem boots up) and the Ready light flashes on and off all the time (which it didn't do when working).

I have had three visits now by the Cable Guy (no not that one) and the last visit the guy just replaced the co-axial cable (i was ready to hit him as i had taken a half day from work for this visit). I was told the guy would have a spare modem with him to test if this was the problem...he didn't and told me I would need another call out!

The second visit the guy said it was a line fault which they have now fixed though it still doesn't work.

The first vist they tested the line and said it was a line fault!

Suffice to say I am fit to lay some smack down on their candy asses right about now. This coming friday I will be one month without a stable connection (it connected two night a week apart in the last 3 weeks!)

Anyone had any problems with this type of thing?
jastey
Hi Rabain,
was this problem solved in the meantime, or are you still without internet at home? I couldn't imagine to be without, even if it would do a lot of good on keeping my telephone bill small. wink.gif
Rabain
Yeah its still on and off. More off than on.

I have narrowed it down and can now categorically say that my broadband only works when it is very cold and raining! Really that is the only common thing i can find over the 3 days it has worked over the past 2 months!

I am more than a little dissapointed with the service but the only other option up until now has been to go with broadband via a telephone line and as i don't have a telephone line it would mean also paying the line rental which would make it nearly 60 euro a month to have a connection!

I am going to give them another 10 days from now to fix it and then i am going to try a new company which is offering wireless broadband. That might work!

Its a bit more expensive at 30€ a month but I'm willing to pay if it works!

Tech Support: I have worked in Tech support years ago and I tell you if i had the right tools i could have diagnosed my problem in one visit to my house! It took 6 visits for my ISP to say what the problem is and they still have not fixed it!
jastey
Cold any rainy weather? laugh.gif I guess in reality it is some sort of governmental experiment trying to force people to get out and away from computer screens if the wheather is nice.

Tech Support: Yeah, that's annoying. Doesn't make the best impression of the quality of the products the company offers, either! Seems they have too much clients, too, if they don't care about keeping the ones they have.

Good luck then,
jastey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.