Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiplayer rejoin prob
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
kix
Greetings to all and best wishes.

Since this IS the place for answers - I've gotten so-o-o many here before; I've another I'm seeking assistance for.

I usually create a party of 6 for [SOA-TOB] and then transfer the saved game to the Save folder and play away. But when I drop a character to pickup another [as in Valygar] I usually get a "character has nothing to say to you" when I try to get the character to rejoin. I usually save the character and re-import him to get around this - but there's got to be a better way!

What I've got is: Windows XP
SOA-TOB, Bioware TOB patch, G3 fixpack & Tweaks and a variety of mods [Anvil, DOQuestpack, Unfinished Business, Exnem's Vault, Abystore, Ribald's Genie, Planar Teleporter, Herbs, Improved Familiars, Improved Faerie Dragon and slightly Improved Illych] and starting out as 1st Level after adjusting stats, etc through Shadowkeeper.

In multiplayer mode join requests is "on", and I've tried various combinations of the other multiplayer options - with all the same "nothing to say to" me routine.

Particularly, is there anyway to adjust games already in progress so that I can drop them off and pick them up with no problem?

Thanks
kix [this is really kicking me] wacko.gif
Daulmakan
Improved Anvil (if that's the one you have) is incompatible with all those other mods you listed.
kix
Hi Daulmakan
That's very interesting about the incompatibility - I didn't think about incompatibilities with mods. You are ABSOLUTELY correct. After removing Improved Anvil, rejoining works perfectly.
I had had the frames flicker at times, and re-stabilized them by pressing the H key - but noticed no other effect. No crashes or otherwise.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

kix biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.