Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request Help for...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Joshwa
Hi,

It would appeal to me to have the original spell animations of BG II for "Fireball" "Ice storm" "lightning".
Someone can say me what must make in order to replace them?.

Thanks and compliment for the mod.
Galactygon
You will have to delete the following files from your override folder:

SPICESTM.bam, [Ice Storm graphics]
SPLIGHTB.bam [Lightning Bolt graphics]

Note that deleting SPICESTM.bam will cause the falling debris graphic to look like the old Icestorm graphic. This is played when Earthquake is cast indoors.

This will not take care of fireball, because it is embedded at your installation, so you will have to go into Setup-SpellPackB5.tp2, and add a block of code right before

CODE
///////////////////////////////////////////
// IWD Style Casting Graphics and Sounds //

and

CODE
// Larloch's Minor Drain, Vampiric Touch //

Here is the block of code.

CODE
// I simply reversed the block of code that restores the old fireball graphics.
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN     //Protects against invalid files
    READ_LONG 0x64 oa             //Abilities offset
        READ_SHORT 0x68 na         //Abilities count
        FOR ( lp = (oa + ((na -1) * 0x28)); lp > (oa - 1); lp -= 0x28) BEGIN
            READ_SHORT (lp + 0x26) pj     //Projectile
            PATCH_IF (pj = 38) BEGIN     //If projectile set to old fireball
            WRITE_SHORT (lp + 0x26) 234     //Set projectile to new fireball
        END
    END
END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

By the way, who prefers the old BG1 lightning bolt animation over the new IWD one? I am starting like the old one more and more.

-Galactygon
Joshwa
Thanks very much.

I have made the changes but in fireball they don't see you the rings of fire but another type of animation sad.gif

In the Fireball animation the problem is that in the new animation before the rings of fire expand him, as it is correct that is, but later them collapse toward the center of the explosion.
That is the effect that he/she is seen is an explosion followed by an implosion.
Can you fix it?

Sorry for my bad english blush.gif
Galactygon
QUOTE(Joshwa @ Sep 2 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Thanks very much.

I have made the changes but in fireball they don't see you the rings of fire but another type of animation sad.gif

In the Fireball animation the problem is that in the new animation before the rings of fire expand him, as it is correct that is, but later them collapse toward the center of the explosion.
That is the effect that he/she is seen is an explosion followed by an implosion.
Can you fix it?

I have never seen reverse projectiles in the current engine; they are an impossible sight to behold.

I forgot to mention that I have shuffled around the fireball.ids, so you might end up seeing the thorn spray animation instead of the fireball animation. This means you will have to go in and delete SPFLAMES.bam. But this will cause your thornspray spell to look like a fireball spell.

This can get complicated.

I feel safe shuffling around the fireball.ids regardless, there are two reasons: (i) I need space for more explosion types so I am lumping dragonfire and fire together, and (ii) I am pretty damn sure this is the only mod that touches the fireball.ids.

-Galactygon
Joshwa
I resolve with fireball deleting Fireball.pro
Now i have bg 2 animation for fireball
Galactygon
Yes that works if your graphics setting does not "enable brightening", as the engine picks the default BG1 explosion animation. This means that on lower settings, thornspray will have the old BG1 fireball explosion animation, which is a bug.

I was assuming your graphics setting was set to "enable brightening", in which case the above fix does not work. In other words, don't worry about it.

I have one extra bug to fix.

-Galactygon
Joshwa
Sorry very much, i have wrong sad.gif
Deleting SPFLAMES.bam and the animation of fireball is as BG 2. But thornspray spell to look like a fireball spell
Galactygon
Now that I have more time to think about it, your best bet not to mess around with the code I posted. Instead:

I. Using Near Infinity or some similar program, go into the existing game files.
II. Extract SPICESTM.bam and replace the following 4 .bams with the one you just extracted: ICSTRM1.bam - ICSTRM4.bam.
III. Extract SPRING.bam and replace SPRDRASI.bam with the one you just extracted. You will have recolour SPRING.bam, since the original one is shipped as black and white, and the DRAGONFIRE slot does not automatically recolour your .bams like the FIRE slot does.

I am pretty sure this will work and will not mess up any of the other spells.

-Galactygon
Joshwa
Thanks very much. I will do it biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.