Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite item, toughest battle [SPOILERS]
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight
Baronius
One of the players who liked the mod, vice, mentioned that the battles were quite tough and the new items were good. So I thought that everyone who finds this topic a good idea could share his or her experience here, i.e. which battle was the most difficult or exciting/interesting, which item he/she liked (or disliked -- criticism is also welcome). Of course, any general experience is welcome too.

Some ideas for questions to be answered (but really, as always, any other type of comment, report, etc. is welcome too):

What was the toughest battle? What part (or enemy, spell etc.) was the hardest or most dangerous in it?

Which subquest was the best?

What was the biggest surprise (apart from the fact that the story isn't finished... it has just begun)?

Which item was the most useful?

Who was your favourite character (NPC)?

In fact, I'll start a poll as well, in a different topic. Time to bring some life to this forum!
Sir_Carnifex
SPOILERS

Most of the battles in TGCE1 were made such that it forces the player to think somwhat, but I enjoyed the battle outside FAI the most. It was extremely difficult for my party (which sorely lacked any tanks), yet not insanely so. The area in which the battle takes place also allows much more versatility in tactics. Yes, I consider running a very sound tactic. smile.gif

I actually have two favorite weapons that I gained from the mod. The first is the Inquisitor's Halberd because my Kensai just happened to be specialized in that weapon. He now carries that around at all times and uses it very effectively. The second weapon is the +3 sword which Imoen now uses to get excellent backstab damage. Now my main tactic for eliminating single enemies is to have Imoen backstab and then deal the last couple of blows with my kensai. Or, if the enemy is a mage, the PC can blow through spell protections with the halberd and then Imoen will backstab. I find that works very efficiently. smile.gif
Daulmakan
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 7 2008, 03:31 PM) *
What was the toughest battle? What part (or enemy, spell etc.) was the hardest or most dangerous in it?

Hmm. For the first time playing the mod, I'd guess the Grachus summons one. Got annihilated several times rushing in to it before changing strategy and just facing them a few at a time with summon fodder. After that it was much easier. After the second playthrough, I'd have to say the fight in the house in Baldur's Gate. Being such a small battleground I always get some party member stuck between enemies and/or allies, which usually is the one with the worst AC and ends up dying and costing me a reload. Plus, the fists usually end up killing one of the main villains there and costing me good XP. glare.gif

What was the biggest surprise (apart from the fact that the story isn't finished... it has just begun)?
Teven. I really didn't expect him, as he's just a pushover in the vanilla game. I didn't like him being there as the 'secret tough guy' for this very reason.

Which item was the most useful?
If I had a character with proficiency in it, it'd probably be the inquisitor's halberd. Since I didn't, it's a toss between the Stormshield & Gift of Storm (second one is more useful, but also depends on having somebody who can put it to good use. The armor has no such restriction).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.