Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rpg.hu opens a dedicated topic for Improved Anvil
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
Baronius
The largest Hungarian roleplayer site, rpg.hu has opened a dedicated topic for Improved Anvil in the "RPGs, adventure games" subforum of its "Computer games" forum. Each known game has a dedicated topic in this forum, and now Improved Anvil also got an own topic. smile.gif
Raven
And with a good number of posts already, by the looks of it.

This is very interesting, only the other week I said to Sikret that I wish we could know how many IA players are out there who don't post on the forum here. Do keep us posted (and, of course, refer any of the players here if our assistance could be useful smile.gif).
Sikret
QUOTE(Raven @ Jul 27 2008, 01:51 AM) *
This is very interesting, only the other week I said to Sikret that I wish we could know how many IA players are out there who don't post on the forum here.

Yes, the statistics were already indicating a huge number players (most of them probably don't even browse any discussion boards).
Moongaze
If only we could read it, huh?
Well, besides Baronius, of course.
Baronius
smile.gif

The subtitle of the Improved Anvil topic says: "adventures in nightmare degree".

QUOTE(Raven)
Do keep us posted (and, of course, refer any of the players here if our assistance could be useful smile.gif).

Fortunately, my assistance isn't needed: Ryel and shadan also visit that forum (though they seem to be inactive/away), as well as Vuki. I've already seen links there to the central Improved Anvil forum.
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 27 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Kinda makes me wish I had taken that course in Hungarese. biggrin.gif
Vuki
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 26 2008, 10:57 PM) *
The largest Hungarian roleplayer site, rpg.hu has opened a dedicated topic for Improved Anvil in the "RPGs, adventure games" subforum of its "Computer games" forum. Each known game has a dedicated topic in this forum, and now Improved Anvil also got an own topic. smile.gif

And it was requested by me. biggrin.gif

I was wondering how much people from Europe and especially from Hungary are interested in IA. It seems to me that most people (maybe 70-80%) are from Europe. Is this because we cultivate much more old games? Or is this just accidentally and other mods are more popular outside Europe? Do you have a country based statistics? It could be interesting.
Ryel ril Ers
QUOTE(Sir_Carnifex @ Jul 28 2008, 02:41 AM) *
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Jul 27 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Kinda makes me wish I had taken that course in Hungarese. biggrin.gif

The hungarian is a very hard language (not as the chinese but not far from it), not only have nearly free word order but there are lots of case when we miss out one-two word from the sentence. If it isn't enough there are lots of strange spell.
The árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép are two hungarian word, what means a mirrordrill what tolerates the flood.

I only want write down some couriosity so take course in hungarian (magyar in our language). smile.gif
Vuki
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Aug 1 2008, 09:55 PM) *
I only want write down some couriosity so take course in hungarian (magyar in our language). smile.gif

In one of the episode of Might&Magic (VI. or VII) you can meet with the Magyars. They are nomads in the game and they usually attack with bows. biggrin.gif
Baronius
And did they use the same tactic too? smile.gif I.e. attacking (obviously on horses, if someone might not know), then pretending retreat, and while enemies are chasing us, shooting arrows backward (and defeating them). It's hard to estimate (at least for a non-historian like myself) how many "battles" we won with this tactic (we practically pillaged through half Europe), though the German armoured knights taught us a lesson in 955 during the battle of Augsburg (Lechfeld).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.